The simFlight Network Forums

Macro to start APU

Hello i have recently got the hotas warthog and have been trying to make a macro to start the apu from off (basically so it flicks from off to on to start with one switch flick), i have been trying my best reading the manual among other things like browsing this forum but i just cant seem to figure it out, so maybe its just me and im stupid haha, but any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

QW787.MCRO FSUIPC6.ini

2 hours ago, RhysCPFC said:

i have recently got the hotas warthog and have been trying to make a macro to start the apu from off (basically so it flicks from off to on to start with one switch flick

I think you are referring to "Mouse Macros".  Looking at your QW787.mcro file:

[Macros]
1=APU
1.1=RX40000005,1
1.2=RX40000005,1
1.3=RX40000005,1
1.4=RX40000005,1
2=APUoff
2.1=RX40000005,3
2.2=RX40000005,3
3=Apu2=RX40000005,1
4=ApuDouble=RX40000005,1
5=RFuel=RX4000010e,3
6=Lfuel=RX4000010c,3
7=Rstart=RX40000015,3
8=LStart=RX40000014,3
9=RstartOFF=RX40000015,1
10=LstartOFF=RX40000014,1

You seem to have managed to create several macros, a lot seemingly aimed at the APU switch. Do the others you made work okay?

The QW787:APU macro operates (presses) the APU switch 4 times, which is odd. Is that intentional?

The QW787:Apu2 macro operates (presses) the APU switch once, which seem better. Does that not work?

The QW787:ApuDouble macro operates (presses) the APU switch once too.

So you have three macros all operating the same switch, two of them identical and one doing it 4 times. What is the purpose of having these like this?

You have them operating using a single click on the RIGHT mouse button. Is that what you have to do on screen with the mouse? When you created the Macro on screen, didn't you TEST it, as it prompts on screen, by pressing the TAB key on the keyboard?

The QW787:APUoff macro operates (presses) the APU switch twice, which is odd. Is that intentional? The encoding says to LEFT click on the mouse twice to do this.

You have only assigned a button (or switch?) to QW787:APU and QW787:APUoff:

23=P0,19,CM1:1,0     -{Macro QW787: APU: APU: APU: APU}-
24=U0,19,CM1:2,0     -{Macro QW787: APUoff: APUoff}-

This seems to mean that when operating the switch with the mouse you have to right click the mouse 4 times to turn the APU on. Is that correct? And to turn it off, you do a left click twice?

I assume the switch you use is a latching toggle switch?

Pete

Sorry i should have removed APU because it was just me being stupid and i forgot to get rid and change APU2 to APU, anyway yes i tried testing and it only flicks to ON, no matter what i did

apu off turns the apu off, and is working fine. its just turning it on which is the issue; what i think needs to happen is when i use APU to turn it on it needs to click twice and the second click needs to hold for a second or so otherwise the aircraft doesn't really know i've tried to start it, is this possible?

4 hours ago, RhysCPFC said:

apu off turns the apu off, and is working fine. its just turning it on which is the issue; what i think needs to happen is when i use APU to turn it on it needs to click twice and the second click needs to hold for a second or so otherwise the aircraft doesn't really know i've tried to start it, is this possible?

I think you might need either too buttons/switches, or a Lua plugin to program that.

The initial on is fine. To move it again to Start (i assume) another press is needed, separately.  But to keep it there is possibly more difficult.

What happens the second time you use the App switch? Can you press it again without signalling Off? If not then you either need two switches or a plugin.

Best type of switch is a centre off spring loaded one which sends a different signal for up and down. The type you'd also use for trims.

Pete