The simFlight Network Forums

Buttons stick

Hello! I have a little question. When I click some buttons with the mouse, they follow the movement of the mouse. Clicked, released. When I applied the macro to the joystick button, the button remains pressed. How to make the button bounce back? For example, the Autopilot up button. I need to keep it pressed while I push the joystick button.

1.jpg

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

When I click some buttons with the mouse, they follow the movement of the mouse. Clicked, released. When I applied the macro to the joystick button, the button remains pressed. How to make the button bounce back? For example, the Autopilot up button. I need to keep it pressed while I push the joystick button.

I assume you are talking about a mouse macro? Made in which flight sim and for which aircraft?

Aslo your question seems to have a self-contradiction in it. you want the button to 2bounce back" but "stay pressed". How can it do both at the same time?

In P3D4 or 5 the mouse macro records whatever it is you do with the mouse. So, left click, right click, whatever.  With earlier Flight Sims you usually have to experiment with the mouse action codes (they are listed in the Advanced Users guide).

But not knowing what you are trying to replicate, nor in what or for what it is difficult to advise further.

Pete

Sorry, This is Cessna 182 in P3Dv5

I need the button to be pressed and released in one keystroke on the joystick. The button should not be locked in the pressed position.

But now the button remains pressed. I do not yet understand how to achieve this.

6 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

I need the button to be pressed and released in one keystroke on the joystick.

But now the button remains pressed. I do not yet understand how to achieve this.

How do you do it on screen, with the mouse?

By "keystroke" do you mean button press and release? Or are you programming your joystick to send keystrokes?

Pete

On the screen, this accurately repeats the movement of the left mouse button. After all, the mouse button does not stick, but returns to its original position. The autopilot buttons also act on the screen. I want to transfer them to the joystick. But the double movement back and forth does not work)

7 hours ago, BMW969 said:

After all, the mouse button does not stick, but returns to its original position. The autopilot buttons also act on the screen. I want to transfer them to the joystick. But the double movement back and forth does not work)

So on this joystick you are trying to program a button to do this? So you want button press to be assigned to that mouse button being pressed and button release to the same mouse button being released? Is that correct?

If so, then in your macro file duplicate the line you have with a different line number and name, and change the mouse action code at the end to a 'release' instead of a press. Then program the first to your button press and the second to your button release.

As I said, mouse macros are there to try to duplicate the actions of the mouse with a button or keypress. But when creating the macro in the first place it is only told about the first mouse action, which is the press. What you call a "clcik" is a press and release.

When asking for support it is always quicker to provide as much information as possible right at the beginning to avoid us having to keep asking questions to find out what it is you want to do and with what.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If so, then in your macro file duplicate the line you have with a different line number and name, and change the mouse action code at the end to a 'release' instead of a press. Then program the first to your button press and the second to your button release.

I am very grateful for your help. Next time I will try to express my thoughts in more detail.

I tried to follow your recommendation, but to no avail. Could you show?

Here is my line. I quickly learn from examples.)

[Buttons.1Cessna182]

9=P1,32,CM3:10,0     -{Macro 1Cessna182: Autopilot Up}-

[Macros]

10=Autopilot Up=RX400000b9,3

I also assume that this is a feature of the model A2A. Since the aircraft has its own configurator.

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I tried to follow your recommendation, but to no avail. Could you show?

What dd you try? Did you look in the documentation for mouse macros? There's a section in the FSUIPC for Advanced Users document, a whole section on Mouse Macros. On page 38 there's the list of mouse actions:

1 Right single click
2 Middle single click`
3 Left single click
4 Right double click
5 Middle double click
6 Left double click
7 Right button & drag
8 Middlebutton & drag
9 Left button & drag
10 Move
11 Right elease
12 Middle release
13 Left release
14 Wheel up
15 Wheel down
16 Leave
17 Count

In your macro line:

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

10=Autopilot Up=RX400000b9,3

you can see that the "3" means left single click.  The list shows 13 as "left release", so you just needed

11=AP Up release=RX400000b9,13

or similar (your choice of name). If line 11 is already used just pick a free number.

I suppose you tried assigning to the normal FS controls first? Much easier if they work:

AP ALT VAR INC
AP ALT VAR DEC

Pete