The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 and P3Dv5

Hello Experts

I installed FSUIPC6 into C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.

I installed the Aerosoft Airbus A330 and after installed I started to connect SAITEK throttle lever with FSUIPC6.

I could not find any solution to get both throttle levers working in the same way as it is working well in my P3Dv4 where FSUIPC5 is installed into the moduls folder as usual.

For the reverser function in the P3Dv4 I am working with the nessary lua files. I also copied those lua files into FSUIPC6 located in the Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.

But still I found no way to connect the throttle lever same as in the P3Dv4.

After a little frustration I had the idea to copy the whole FSUIPC5.ini into my FSUIPC6 and I renamed this file to FSUIPC6.ini where I have all aircraft profiles from my P3Dv4.

Very surprising, all profils works well as long as I have already installed P3Dv5 native aircrafts. The AS Airbus 318-319-320-321-330 P3Dv5 aircafts have now proper working

SAITEK throttle lever including the reverser.

Propably an expert can comment my positive experience.

The remaining question is: wether it would be better to install FSUIPC6 on the same Modul folder as used in older P3D versions

and what is the reason that the necessary Airbus lua files can not be adapted.

Thanks for response and regards Roger

Hi Roger,

copying and renaming your FSIOPC5.ini together with any other files (e.g. .lua, .mcro) you may use to the new installation directory is the way to use your FSUIPC5 settings with FSUIPC6. See the Installation and Registration guide. You can also use FSUIPC6 for P3Dv4, either the same or a separate installation.

20 hours ago, romair said:

wether it would be better to install FSUIPC6 on the same Modul folder as used in older P3D versions

It is recommended to install outside of the main FS directory, especially if you have P3D installed under the Programs folder. It is also better to select a directory outside of the Prepare3D v5 Add-ons folder as this should really be just where the add-on.xml file is located. For example, I have it installed in d:\FlightSim\P3D Add-ons\FSUIPC6.

20 hours ago, romair said:

what is the reason that the necessary Airbus lua files can not be adapted.

There is no reason. The lua interface in FSUIPC6 is the same as that in FSUIPC5 and so should not need to be adapted (unless maybe the Aircraft has changed in some way that would necessitate a change, e.g. if using an lvar whose name had changed or been removed).

Cheers,

John