The simFlight Network Forums

uwp template

Hello,

I've decided to port an application that I've written in Python with the pyuipc library over to .net.

I'm trying to decide which UI framework to use. I think I would like to use UWP if possible. Do you have any templates for using the fsuipc .net library with uwp?

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately you won't be able to use my DLL in a UWP application.

UWP Apps are run in a sandbox and do not have access to the full Win32 API. This API is what FSUIPC uses to communicate with all the flight sims as they were written as windows 'desktop' applications. A UWP app therefore will not have the means to communicate via FSUIPC.

You might be able to use the managed SimConnect library in UWP as this uses standard network protocols rather than WIn32. But I don't know for certain as I'm not that familiar with SimConnect.

If you want to stick with FSUIPC and use my DLL (which is much easier than SimConnect) you'll need to choose between WinForms or the newer, more modern-looking WPF framework.

Paul