The simFlight Network Forums

Setting up Beta/Reverse on Turboprops

I have set up my Logitech TQ to be handled entirely from FSUIPC and I have calibrated the 3 axes and programmed some of the buttons successfully, however I cannot find a way to program the Beta/Reverse.

1. on some planes like the Carenado C90GTx it's past the Detent and it takes a couple of tries to get it to go into reverse

2. on the RAS Turbine Duke it's a specific region in the thrust levers travel

Any guidance on how to proceed?

2 hours ago, pilotmarcog said:

I have set up my Logitech TQ to be handled entirely from FSUIPC and I have calibrated the 3 axes and programmed some of the buttons successfully, however I cannot find a way to program the Beta/Reverse.

1. on some planes like the Carenado C90GTx it's past the Detent and it takes a couple of tries to get it to go into reverse

2. on the RAS Turbine Duke it's a specific region in the thrust levers travel

Any guidance on how to proceed?

The prop calibration has ways of setting a "centre", which would probably correspond to your detent, as well as a minimum which will be max reverse/beta. This is a step in the Step-by-Step guide to calibration in the User Guide

6. For controls which have centres or intermediate ‘idle’ positions (aileron, elevator, rudder, spoiler, trim  and  the
separate throttle and propeller pitch controls where centre (idle) is between forward and reverse), position the
control in its centre, détente (e.g. “arm” for spoiler) or default position. Pressing the centre “Set” button will enter
the value in one or other of the two boxes beneath. Each time you press Set the alternate value is recorded, and the
boxes show the two most recent values in order (lower above higher). If the values are the same you will have no
dead zone around the centre.

Pete

I took a slightly different approach. I mapped the button detent at the bottom of the lever to a keyboard action. For reverse I did F2 sustained and for release F1 to take it back to throttle minimum. Seems to be working. Will keep playing with it a bit more.