The simFlight Network Forums

Configuring A320 type spoiler lever axis with Fsuipc

I'm looking for a solution how to configure my Speedbrake lever with fsuipc.  I use P3dv5 and external iocard (opencockpits) usb card for axis movement. Fsuipc reads the axis movement ok.

The problem is that I would like to add a small range in the beginning of the movement that arms my spoilers.  Lets say from 0 -50 = ARM and 80 - 255 to normal speedbrake action.  Where to find a solution.  I have some noise so I guess I need to add deadzone?  

I use Project magenta software and many different hardware for my controls.  It seems that something is arming my spolers all the time?

19 minutes ago, A320mjm said:

The problem is that I would like to add a small range in the beginning of the movement that arms my spoilers.  Lets say from 0 -50 = ARM and 80 - 255 to normal speedbrake action.  Where to find a solution.

P3D5, like FSX and all the P3D versions before it, by default have a specific axis value which Arms the spoiler. Nothing less than that does anything -- the spoiler/speedbrake remains down and disarmed. The internal range for the axis is 0-4799 spoilers off/disarmed, 4800 Armed. Then about 5600 (representing a minimum 7%) to 16383 fully deployed ground speedbrake. These numbers are what you'd see if you monitored offset 0BD0.

FSUIPC calibration provides the minimum value , a zone you can set for "Arm" (which FSUIPC automatically converts to the Armed value needed) then the full movement to the maximum. Please just follow the numbered steps to calibration in the FSUIPC User Guide (page 42). You'll note in Step 6 that you calibrate a zone for the "centre" or "arm" for spoiler, as specifically mentioned. That zone cane be wherever you like. In my case I use a PFC throttle quadrant which has the Arm position specifically marked, so i calibrate to that position.

30 minutes ago, A320mjm said:

It seems that something is arming my spolers all the time?

Check your assignments and calibrations. It only takes one of your many controls to be wrongly assigned or have poor calibration. Check that you are disabling controllers in P3D also.

Pete