The simFlight Network Forums

Reg. problem.

Hi Peter,

I purchased FSUIP off you via Simflight, and copied key data to My Docs.

Unfortunately my hard drive has gone up the spout and has been replaced by evesham.

I wrote down the key but when entering it into regerstration area it wasn't recognised.

(Reg info removed by moderator. This information might still have been valid)

Can you assist me?

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. I'm getting the key correct and email, maybe I'm not entering the name correct. Is there any way you could check your database and email me please. Otherwise I will have to pay again I guess. :(

Is there any way you could check your database and email me please. Otherwise I will have to pay again I guess. :(

I don't have any such database. The whole system is handled by SimMarket. It was all arranged to leave me free to carry on programming. I would really hate to be involved in the sales loop. As it is, it carries on fine without me, and I get on and do the programming and support.

If you cannot remember your name, email address or Key properly, you might be a bit stuck as they'd need your name and email to look you up. But try anyway. You'll need to go through customer services, check

www.simmarket.com

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

Everything is sorted out now, I got on to simware.com and they gave me details of my order.

However, I keyed in the correct reg details but it would still not accept the key. Is this a bug?

I'm wondering, with it being newer software to the version I intially regestered with, it would not accept the key? Yet it will accept any updates, once regestered!

No matter, I got back to simware and asked for a new key, which they sent me. I'm pleased with the support service and glad to be up and running fully.

Many thanks,

However, I keyed in the correct reg details but it would still not accept the key. Is this a bug?

No bug that I've heard of. The only one so far was a problem in versions 3.00 and 3.01 of FSUIPC with names containing accented characters (all fixed long ago).

And, so far at least, there's only been one mistake I know from SimMarket, and that was issuing two FSUIPC keys to someone instead of one FSUIPC and one WideFS. Maybe they got your request mixed up, but it would be most unusual. The emailed details themselves are generated by program so should be free from error (famous last words :D ), or at least self-consistent.

In ALL the other instances of user problems it has been incorrect data entry. Your name, email and Key must all be exact to the character. Computers are stupid, they believe what you tell them. Try cutting and pasting from the SimMarket email if you are not sure.

I'm wondering, with it being newer software to the version I intially regestered with, it would not accept the key? Yet it will accept any updates, once regestered!

There's no change in keys for different versions and will not be till at least version 4, which won't happen till FS2006, earliest. :) --- unless something drastic happens which forces me to change the system, of course. :shock:

No matter, I got back to simware and asked for a new key, which they sent me. I'm pleased with the support service and glad to be up and running fully.

Good. glad it is sorted. BTW it is "SimMarket" not "SimWare", just in case this confuses other readers. SimWare are a well known flight-Sim add-on dealer operating out of Belgium (I think), and is quite distinct from SimFlight and SimMarket.

Regards,

Pete