The simFlight Network Forums

PFCcom64.dll with PFC Cirrus II BATD error reporting

zfehr

I have been testing functionality with the PFCcom64.dll and FSUIPC7. We have the rudder and aileron trim working now with either PFCcom64.dll or FSUIPC7 offsets.

I have found that the checkbox for not doing the startup check will click and show a checkmark but the startup check still comes up regardless of how you have this checkbox set.

The alternator right and alternator left switches are being treated like a momentary pushbutton and work like a toggle each time the switch is turned off. Pushing this switch into the on position seems to have no effect. The other switches for lighting, pitot heat, etc all do work correctly turning their respective function on or off. There is a checkbox in the PFC configuration for the parking brake for either a pushbutton or switch, if set to pushbutton (checkbox unmarked) you have to cycle that switch on and off for it to work, if the checkbox is marked it operated like a switch correctly so I am thinking the alternator switch is set like this and needs whatever checking the parking brake box changes.

The cowl flap switch which on my Cirrus II is a momentary switch that can be pushed up for closing cowl flaps and pushed down for opening cowl flaps and spring returns to center position is identified as working in the configuration page for PFC, it also is picked up in FSUIPC7 as a working button/switch. While the PFC interface does show it being set to cowl flaps and repeating if held it has no effect on the aircraft. If I use FSUIPC7 to assign the FS control of "inc cowl flaps" and "dec cowl flaps" it does work. If I set it through FSUIPC to repeat if held the signal repeats quickly enough it is effectively a toggle open and toggle closed without the ability to set partial settings. My workaround has been to set the switch in FSUIPC to send one signal upon pressing the switch and an additional signal upon releasing the switch. Since I can set this up with FSUIPC7 it is no big deal but curious why the PFC interface does not seem to work.

I will report more as I discover them.

Z

46 minutes ago, zfehr said:

I have found that the checkbox for not doing the startup check will click and show a checkmark but the startup check still comes up regardless of how you have this checkbox set.

Is that after a good Serial port has been identified AND recorded? Can you check the PFCcom64.dll INI file for me please?

50 minutes ago, zfehr said:

I will report more as I discover them.

Thanks for the report.  I will check how all these are configured internally. Meanwhile, is it possible for you to repeat tests but with logging enabled? 

In FSUIPC's logging options enable Event and ipcWrite logging, and in the PFCcom64 options I think there will be a log option for Decoded inputs and maybe FSUIPC writes.

No harm in leaving these options set, but the log files may get large, so please ZIP them before attaching.

Thank you

Pete

35 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Is that after a good Serial port has been identified AND recorded? Can you check the PFCcom64.dll INI file for me please?

Thanks for the report.  I will check how all these are configured internally. Meanwhile, is it possible for you to repeat tests but with logging enabled? 

In FSUIPC's logging options enable Event and ipcWrite logging, and in the PFCcom64 options I think there will be a log option for Decoded inputs and maybe FSUIPC writes.

No harm in leaving these options set, but the log files may get large, so please ZIP them before attaching.

Thank you

Pete

Will test over my lunch time. Yes, this is after a good com port had been identified. I check the box to stop performing the startup check but each subsequent time I start FSUIPC7 and MSFS I still get the startup check for PFC.

Z

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Thank you

Pete

Hi Pete,

I deleted previous logs from FSUIPC7 folder so these are fresh. Set FSUIPC7 to log button and key presses, ipc writes and events. Set PFCcom64 to log decoded inputs and FSUIPC writes. With the Baron loaded on the runway and running I then switched the PFC Cirrus alternator 1 switch to off, then on, cycling it two times, each instance of turning off resulted in the switch onscreen moving, moving the switch to on with the hardware made no difference. I then switched the alternator 2 switch off, then on, and for the second switch to off the switch onscreen switch did not move so I switched it back on and then off and on one more time for a total of three cycles, the last switching off successfully switching the onscreen switch back to on. I then moved to the cowl flaps hardware and pressed the switch down for open, then up for closed a total of two cycles. Then exited the sim and zipped up the log files and attached to this message.

Z

FSUIPC7_PFCcom64.zip