The simFlight Network Forums

Using makerwys 4.91 with Prepar 3D v4.5

Hello,

I get the following error message when I run makerwys.exe:

- Failed to make all of the data files!

- Failed to make FStarRC RWS file!

Total airports = 0, runways = 0

I read the readme file stating that LorbySceneryExport.exe must be placed in the Prepar3D main folder together with MakeRwys.exe. I can confirm this is the case. I also ran makerwys.exe as administrator. I did not run the LorbySceneryExport.exe file by itself.

Appreciate if anyone could assist me with this.

Kyrre Andersen
Norway

f4.csv f5.csv helipads.csv Runways.txt

3 hours ago, kyrre1978 said:

I get the following error message when I run makerwys.exe:

- Failed to make all of the data files!

- Failed to make FStarRC RWS file!

Total airports = 0, runways = 0

I read the readme file stating that LorbySceneryExport.exe must be placed in the Prepar3D main folder together with MakeRwys.exe. I can confirm this is the case. I also ran makerwys.exe as administrator. I did not run the LorbySceneryExport.exe file by itself.

Looks like something is screwed up in your scenery.cfg file. Find that file in your AppData folder for P3D4 and let us see it -- or at least the first 50 lines or so.

Pete

20 minutes ago, kyrre1978 said:

Please see attached file.

Well, these two entries at the beginning are wrong, they shouldn't be there:

[UK2000 Common Library]
Active=FALSE

[UK2000 Prestwick Xtreme]
Active=FALSE

I've no idea where they came from. Probably an installer going wrong. Try deleting those first.

If still no go, it might be a corrupted Add-Ons xml or cfg file which is clobbering the Lorby program. To check whether this is the case there are two further tests you can do:

1.  Temporarily remove the Scenery Export program, then run MakeRwys. That should make files just from those sceneries in the Scenery.CFG file -- none of those using the AddOns methods.

2. Download the freeware Lorby program "AddOnOrganizer" from the Lorby website, and run that. If that manages to list all of your sceneries correctly then that Scenery Export program should do likewise -- it's basically a subset of that program. The Organizer might tell you what is wrong if something still is.

Pete

1 minute ago, kyrre1978 said:

It seems that the UK2000 entries in the scenery.cfg file was the problem. All working now! 

Good. Glad it was so easy! 

You might now want to check whether that UK2000 Prestwick scenery (and the Common Libraries) are installed okay, and if not trying again with those. 

Pete