The simFlight Network Forums

Sim rate

Hi,

I'm using Prepar3d V5 and I've set a joystick command to increase the simulation rate, and one to decrease. 

The problem I have is that in VR, I often overshoot the number of times to press decr, and then end up accidentally in half speed wondering what has happened.

Is there any way to assign a command to just set the simulation rate to 1?

Thanks,

James

3 hours ago, severniae said:

Is there any way to assign a command to just set the simulation rate to 1?

There is a control "SIM RATE SET" which should do it. It never did anything in FSX, but you could see if it now works in P3D. I'm not sure what the parameter should be though. Whilst 1 sounds sensible, internally a sim rate of 1 is represented by 256, so it may well be 256. the larger number was to allow fractional sim rates -- like your 1/2 which would be 128.

Assuming it still doesn't work, which is likely, then really you just need to be more careful to press your assigned button just the once -- I assume you've not set it to repeat?

Pete