The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 Install Issue

I'm having an problem installing FSUIPC6 into prepar3d v5, It appears to be going through the install procedure ok, ( log file attached)  it doesn't appear in the Add-ons  in Prepar3D v5 menu., however it shows in the Options - Add-ons drop down menu but is unticked, ticking the option also does not fix the problem, have done restarts of P3D and reboots but to no avail.

Starting Prepar3D sometimes have a crash to desk top but not always and only occured with this install of FSUIPC6

I also have Prepar3D v4.5 install and that's working ok. 

W10 with windows defender running ( both w10 and my gtx 1080 ti gpu drivers are up to date)

regards bob

InstallFSUIPC6.log

Edited by wiganlad

30 minutes ago, wiganlad said:

I'm having an problem installing FSUIPC6 into prepar3d v5, It appears to be going through the install procedure ok, ( log file attached)  it doesn't appear in the Add-ons  in Prepar3D v5 menu., however it shows in the Options - Add-ons drop down menu but is unticked,

After you have installed FSUIPC6 and you start P3Dv5, you should have seen a pop-up dialog asking if ok to enable the add-on:

enableFSUIPC.png.eb3b72937c9879224b700c0352bcfd58.png

didn't you see this and give permission?

30 minutes ago, wiganlad said:

ticking the option also does not fix the problem, have done restarts of P3D and reboots but to no avail.

So when you tick the option, select 'Ok', then close and restart P3Dv5, you still don't see the Add-ons menu option with FSUIPC... menu option?

Your installation log looks fine, so I'm not sure what is going on. I suggest that you uninstall the FSUIPC6 installation in P3Dv5 by running the uninstaller (located in your installation folder: C:\Users\onebo\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\uninstallFSUIPC6.exe). Then re-run the installer and try again. I would also suggest that you choose a folder outside of your Documents folder for the installation. This is just a default and is where the add-on.xml will be created, but it is better to actually install FSUIPC6 in a different folder (e.g. C:\FSUIPC6).

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Your installation log looks fine, so I'm not sure what is going on. I suggest that you uninstall the FSUIPC6 installation in P3Dv5 by running the uninstaller (located in your installation folder: C:\Users\onebo\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\uninstallFSUIPC6.exe). Then re-run the installer and try again. I would also suggest that you choose a folder outside of your Documents folder for the installation. This is just a default and is where the add-on.xml will be created, but it is better to actually install FSUIPC6 in a different folder (e.g. C:\FSUIPC6).

Thanks for your response, Tried to install into a different directory but got the same result , didn't get the pop up to enable the FSUIPC6 add-on although it appears in the drop down add-ons menu ( unticked) so decided to a complete uninstall/re-install of Prear3D v5 and its now up and running with FSUIPC6 installed (into the default directory ie the add-ons folder).

regards bob