The simFlight Network Forums

Registration

Juan Diego Grech

You posted in the wrong forum - I have moved your post.

8 hours ago, Juan Diego Grech said:

have bought the FSUIPC7

No you haven' t as it currently not for sale.

To use WideFS with FSUIPC7-beta, you have to use the instructions provided in the beta release note.

Your question has also been asked before (yesterday) - please check the forum for similar questions before posting. See 

I have bought it from SimMarket 15 minutes ago. Downloaded it and tried to install it as a fresh, brand new install. It insists that the Registration checker has stopped working. All details entered on the form as as per my details on SimMarket.

I uninstalled the beta completely in order to start afresh.

When I clicked the register button a pop up appeared saying that the 'Registration checker has stopped working and will close'

My guess is it (FSUIPC) didn't want to be installed on F://  where the beta was installed and a registry key still told the installer it was there.

So I cleaned out the registry and tried again.

This time, C:// appeared in the 'install to' slot and it installed properly.

A case of uninstallers don't remove everything eh? 🙂

50 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

When I clicked the register button a pop up appeared saying that the 'Registration checker has stopped working and will close'

Strange, I don't know what would cause this. Were you trying to run directly from the zip file without extracting?

My guess is it (FSUIPC) didn't want to be installed on F://  where the beta was installed and a registry key still told the installer it was there.

You should be able to install FSUIPC7 anywhere. The registry keys it adds are just to let the installer know where to uninstall from the next time it is ran.

So I cleaned out the registry and tried again.

Running the uninstaller will clear any registry keys. However, if the uninstaller is ran by the installer, it will still rememebr the previous installation locations.

A case of uninstallers don't remove everything eh?

Not sure about that...it should do uninstall all files previously installed + the reg keys.

I'm really at a loss as to why the reg checker didn't work correctly.

• 6 months later...