The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 in MSFS2020

AGB

The version7 tool installed and registered with a direct link into MSFS2020 but the 2020 flight simulator is not running into the expected check mode for updates subsequently the default home page thereafter.

After uninstalling the FSUIPC7 tool again and a complete restart of Windows10, the 2020 flight simulator again will not start up as it normally did before installing FSUIPC7. 

Yes, it opens the Xbox and other screens but will not run into the check mode for updates and default home page as usual.

Who encounters similar problems and what is (was) your measure to resolve this issue with MSFS2020?

Thanks for all the support

2 minutes ago, AGB said:

the 2020 flight simulator is not running into the expected check mode for updates subsequently the default home page thereafter.

After uninstalling the FSUIPC7 tool again and a complete restart of Windows10, the 2020 flight simulator again will not start up as it normally did before installing FSUIPC7. 

FSUIPC7 is a separate application and does not affect MSFS.

However, if you are talking about the optional desktop link that starts MSFS and FSUIPC7, then this starts MSFS with the -FastLaunch option (for MS Store installs only).

Does that bypass the update check? I didn't know it did that (I have a steam install). You can remove this by editing the file  MSFSwithFSUIPC7.bat - just fine that option (end of line 7) and remove it.

John

John Hi, thanks for your swift response!

Yes I meant the optional desktop link but also a normal run as administrator again after uninstalling the tool.

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly, I have the premium de luxe version - within the Microsoft store - online installed. 

I will check but will need some time and will come back to you latest tomorrow.

Cheers

Arie

I was just trying to say that FSUIPC7 does not affect MSFS at all (it doesn't change anything) - its standalone, so you can still start MSFS how you used to without FSUIPC or the link it creates. FSUIPC7 will have no affect until it is ran, and can't interfere with the start-up process (apart, of course, from the using the -FastLoad option in the bat file).

Hi John, I edited that bat file as per your advise hence no progress. I removed "App -FastLaunch" in line 7

Line 6 reads                      ":: MS Store installation: start MSFS with FastLaunch"

Line 7 reads                      "cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ 8.............bwe!App -Fastlaunch

unquote

FYI, the simulator is on drive E:/MSFS2020

Unfortunately the sim will not start without FSUIPC  how I used today.

Note, "8.............bwe" is a kind of registration key I reckon and left blank (dotted) as we speak

Thanks again

Arie

3 minutes ago, AGB said:

I removed "App -FastLaunch" in line 7

Just remove the -FastLaunch - you nee the App bit, so should be
    cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ 8.............bwe!App

However, I'm not sure why you would want to do this...

4 minutes ago, AGB said:

Unfortunately the sim will not start without FSUIPC  how I used today.

I don't know what this means. As I said, FSUIPC7 in no way affects MSFS - you can always start it however you used to, before you installed FSUIPC7.

5 minutes ago, AGB said:

Note, "8.............bwe" is a kind of registration key I reckon and left blank (dotted) as we speak

Its not a registration key and is fine to be public.

John

Well noted John and thanks. With the "App" bit still there, it runs till the opening screen (Mount Fuji) but no step further as it used to. 

If it does not affect MSFS, I have to find another platform to get it resolved.

Answer to your question "why I want to do this" is that with initial installation of FSUIPC7, I did not deselected the link option.

I'm confused why this all happened.

I will keep you posted when "the bug" and or solution has been found.

Rgds

Arie

8 minutes ago, AGB said:

I'm confused why this all happened.

I am confused as to what is actually happening!

8 minutes ago, AGB said:

I will keep you posted when "the bug" and or solution has been found.

To be honest, I have no idea what "bug" you are referring to. Are you saying that you not longer get to the MSFS main menu when you start MSFS?
Can you no longer use the sim?  What 'page' does MSFS show you once started and loaded?

Later: sorry, as you said 'it runs till the opening screen (Mount Fuji) but no step further as it used to. '

So it just hangs there? Check the Asobo/MSFS forums and see if any one else has reported this, and if not raise a zendesk ticket. 

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

Hi John, exactly that! 

No access to the MSFS main  menu and cannot run the simulator. 

Start up screens are (and normal)

1. Xbox screen

2. Asobo screen

3. Scenery of Mount Fuji. (*) at this point you should see a blue bar moving from left to right, before the checking updates window appears and then finally the MSFS main menu.