The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6/Honeycomb loses rudders

Just got HC Yoke and am starting install.  Prior setup was CH Yoke, CH TQ, CH Rudders Saitek X55 (throttle & stick)  all I did was swap out the CH Yoke for the Honeycomb. All controls are mapped thru FSUIPC.

If the HC Yoke is connected, my rudders are not recognized. I've attached both INI files - something seems really strange with the joystick assignments. Using JoyID - all the assignments are correct but they don't match the ini file. Also I see TWO entries for Alpha controls.

This is for P3DV5.1 - haven't tried FSUIPC7 yet with MSFS. 

edit: tried with and without honeycomb drivers - no change

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Vic

FSUIPC6.iniCHYOKE FSUIPC6.iniHCYOKE

well, I know what's happening but not why. I looked closely at the GUID's and it seems the saitek x55 throttle and stick messes with the assignments. if I disconnect the x55 - all is assigned as expected, plug them in and it's a mash up.  Same action in FSUIPC7 btw - The Alpha and the Saitek don't like to coexist on MY system.

Has anyone reported a similar issue?

Thanx,

Vic

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Using JoyID - all the assignments are correct but they don't match the ini file.

FSUIPC's IDs are 0-15 (same as internally, in the Registry). I think JoyID counts from 1 like FS.

45 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The Alpha and the Saitek don't like to coexist on MY system.

Is that only in FSUIPC? does P3D act the same?

Try HidScanner (in "Additional Useful Programs" in Download Links subforum). The entries for your devices there might be useful.

Also i think John will find the FSUIPC JoyScan  file and the FSUIPC logs cottesponding to the INI's very useful.

Pete

Turns out the stick was dying. All works well with the throttle alone but the stick created issues and now it will not even power up. Ran checks on USB ports - all ok - stick is dead.

Rarely use the stick, mainly use the throttle as a switch panel so no big deal other than losing a day chasing down the problem.

Sorry for the false alarm - FSUIPC 6 and 7 humming along nicely.  Now I just need to reconfigure everything for the Alpha Yoke and in a month the Bravo quadrant.

Thanx again Pete!

sort of a related issue question - how do I start fresh with NO profiles and no assignments?  I renamed the Profiles folder and deleted the fsuipc.ini file but when I started FSUIPC the profiles were restored. Any settings in the ini file were default. I just want to completely recreate the profiles for the new controllers.

Vic

7 hours ago, vgbaron said:

how do I start fresh with NO profiles and no assignments?  I renamed the Profiles folder and deleted the fsuipc.ini file but when I started FSUIPC the profiles were restored.

It isn't possible for the Profiles still to be known to FSUIPC if you have definitely deleted the FSUIPC INI file! Everything it needs to do it is stored there.  But make sure you delete the INI when FSUIPC is not running.

The Profiles folder will be ignored with a default INI because the parameter will have reverted to UseProfiles=Yes, not Files. Also the Profile names are recorded in the [Profile.<name>] sections in the INI which will have been deleted along with the rest of the file contents.

FSUIPC does not store this stuff anywhere else, only in the INI so if you delete it that's it, FSUIPC is completely back to default.

Pete