The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel selector

HIROSHI KISHIMOTO

What controls are you using, and how does your 3-point switch function?

In the C172, you should the control Fuel Selector Set, with a parameter if 1 for center, 2 for left and 3 for right.

And how you assign depends on the button/release events that your 3-point switch uses. For example, I have a 3 point switch that when moving from center to up, triggers a button 17 press, from up to center, a button 17 release, from center to down, a button 18 press, and from down to center, a button 18 release. To use this for the fuel selector switch, I would assign a Fuel Selector Set with parameter 3 on button 17 press and a parameter of 1 on 17 release, and a parameter of 3 on button 18 press and again a parameter of 1 on release.

8 hours ago, HIROSHI KISHIMOTO said:

The 3-point switch is a rotary type, and the contacts stop at the turned position. I think the parameter is the Button & Switch Assignments column. By the way, I don't understand the meaning of the button. What do buttons 17 and 18 mean?

When you turn your rotary, what do you see in the Button & Switch assignment panel? You should see the 'Joy#' letter, which is the letter that is assigned to your device, and a 'Btn#', which will change when you turn the rotary switch. The example I gave was for when the rotary is linked to buttons 17 and 18.
To program the rotary correctly, you need to determine what button numbers your rotary is using, and when/if it is sending the press & release events. To check this, you can activate logging for 'Buttons & Keys'.

1 hour ago, HIROSHI KISHIMOTO said:

Is that so. I need programming.

By "programming" I meant assigning...

1 hour ago, HIROSHI KISHIMOTO said:

I simply wondered if I could set "Select FS control" and "Fuel Select Center, Right, Left" in the "Button & Switch Assignments" field.

You can, but you have to select the control that works. As I said, in the C172, the control that works is Fuel Selector Set, so 'Select FS control' and then 'Fuel Selector Set', and add the parameter that you want for center (1), left (2) or right (3).

BUT, you need to know how your three way switch works to assign correctly, as a 3-way switch is normally 2 "buttons" (i.e. the button number that registers in the FSUIPC assignments panel when you flip the switch). So, usually a switch would register as a button press when moved in one direction (e.g.left), a release for the same button when moved back to the center, and different button press when moved to the right, and then a release of that button press when moved back to the center. If thats how your switch works, then you need to program/assign both button numbers (in FSUIPC) to the 'Fuel Selector Set' control on both press and release, with a parameter of 2 on one press and 3 on the other press and a parameter of 1 for both releases.

Your advice "As I said, in the C172, the control that works is Fuel Selector Set, so'Select FS control' and then'Fuel Selector Set', and add the parameter that you want for center (1), left ( 2) or right (3). " My mistake was to assign Fuel Selector Leftt, Center, Right to the left, center and right of the rotary switch respectively. Thank you for very much your polite explanation.