The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Make Runways 5.02

Hello,

I'm a user of Pro ATC-X and after upgrading to P3D V5.1 from P3DV4.5 I have some problems with MakeRunways which is not listing my add-on airport despite using it with LorbyScenery.

When I execute MakeRunways as Administator, it led to this message : "Failed to make all of the data files! Failed to make FStarRC RWS file! Total airports = 0, runways = 0 Number of BGLs = 0

When I execute Make Runways (NOT as an administator), the program seems to run normaly but I have the following message in my runways.txt :

Make Runways File: Version 5.02 by Pete Dowson
Using "LorbySceneryExport.exe MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
... ERROR: failed to run Lorby program, error=740!
Reading Prepar3D v5 scenery:
The CFG file being used is: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SCENERY.CFG"

Can you please help me ?

Thanking you in advance,

2 hours ago, Nandate said:

When I execute MakeRunways as Administator, it led to this message : "Failed to make all of the data files! Failed to make FStarRC RWS file! Total airports = 0, runways = 0 Number of BGLs = 0

This is normally a result of the Lorby export program creating an incorrect MakeRunways_Scenery_CFG file. Can you check that please, in your main Sim folder? If you want me to look, paste it here, or zip and attach if it is big 9which sounds unlikely).

Also show me the Runways.txt file (again Zip and attach if too big).

2 hours ago, Nandate said:

When I execute Make Runways (NOT as an administator), the program seems to run normaly but I have the following message in my runways.txt :

Make Runways File: Version 5.02 by Pete Dowson
Using "LorbySceneryExport.exe MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
... ERROR: failed to run Lorby program, error=740!
The CFG file being used is: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SCENERY.CFG"

Yes, that's normal. If you have no add-on scenery installed via the Addons XML method that will be fine. The Lorby program just finds and organises the addons correct and adds them to that special CFG file so that MakeRunways can process them.

If you ran that way AFTER the first, correct, way, please run it the correct way again before showing the files.

Pete

19 minutes ago, Nandate said:

Here are the files.

Okay. The reason for your problem is shown in those files

MakeRunways is working correctly:

LorbySceneryExport executed: Checking for "MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"
The CFG file being used is: "G:\P3DV5\MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg"

but the file generated by the Lorby program is wrong. All it contains is:

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=

There's no scenery listed at all! That's why MakeRunways doesn't produce any data files.

So, there seems to be something wrong with your scenery.cfg file, the one in your P3D folder in ProgramData. See what that looks like.

Pete

14 minutes ago, Nandate said:

Here is the file

Thanks.

These added sections at the end don't make sense:

[Area.2000]
Title=RJAA Tokyo Narita P3D
Local=G:\P3DV5\Addon Scenery\RJAA Tokyo Narita P3D
Layer=2000
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[New York CIty X]
Active=FALSE

Those last two lines are definitely an error and should be deleted.

I'm not sure whether 2000 is a valid section or layer numbe either. Maybe replace 2000 by 193, the next layer number available.

Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it.  If the corrections above don't help, it must related to an AddOn.xml file. If so I think Oliver (author of the Lorby program) will need to look at this. It's to do with that program.

Try using his AddOnOrganiser, please? It is better at defining what is going on and may indicate this error directly.  If you don't already have it I recommend you install it immediately. it is very useful. 

Get it from https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html#. It's listed as "FREE: Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer"

Pete