The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC is crashing

Guissop

Hi

FSUIPC7 is crashing several time during each session, (But randomly) I don't know why.

I install it as admin, I do not transfer anything from previous version (.ini file especially) I join it in case of, I also join the logfile.

What can I do for improve the stability of FSUIPC?

Thanks for your support

Guillaume P

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Edited by Guissop

Why are you using DirectAxesToCalibs:

219 N.B. "DirectAxesToCalibs" is enabled!

Try disabling that by removing the line from your FSUIPC7.ini], although using this this shouldn't cause any issues. 

Can you a check if you have an event logged in the windows event viewer when FSUIPC crashes, and if there is an entry please post the details.

If you disable WideServer, do you still get crashes?

Hi John,

The line is removed and Wideserver desactivated as well., Crash is  continuing.

I get one error on the evenet log (noted  during the Wideserver desactivation, got a crash during that operation )

Description
Faulting Application Path:    D:\MSFS2020\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BEX64
Nom de l’application:    FSUIPC7.exe
Version de l’application:    7.0.0.1
Horodatage de l’application:    5fabb2b2
Nom du module défaillant:    FSUIPC7.exe
Version du module défaillant:    7.0.0.1
Horodateur du module défaillant:    5fabb2b2
Décalage de l’exception:    00000000000df50c
Code de l’exception:    c0000409
Données d’exception:    0000000000000008
Version du système:    10.0.20262.2.0.0.256.48
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:    1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1:    6b65
Information supplémentaire n° 2:    6b65ee2864655f4e6f2e5acb7856cd7a
Information supplémentaire n° 3:    a765
Information supplémentaire n° 4:    a7657653f21ead6aced4e717da552219

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    59a0def4b2018bd7b1c1719703256d06 (1279428662556716294)

That error occured during the desactivation of the wideserver.

Have I to try to exclude  the FSUIPC installation folder from the Antivirus protection?

Regards.

Guillaume P

Edited by Guissop

6 hours ago, Guissop said:

Have I to try to exclude  the FSUIPC installation folder from the Antivirus protection?

No, I don't think that is an issue.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:47 PM, Guissop said:

I install it as admin

You shouldn't do this really. No admin privileges are needed by FSUIPC7 or the installer. If any privileges are required then you will be prompted to authorise anyway.

I will investigate that error nest week and get back to you. However, i've a feeling that it maybe due to one of your devices or  device drivers. Check your connections and any usb hubs, make sure power management is disabled on all your hubs, and that all your drivers are up to date.

1 hour ago, Guissop said:

The only "exotic" software I'm using is ASUS AI 3..

Is that for overclocking? Shouldn't affect FSUIPC, but you never know. Maybe test without this (if possible).

You say the crash is 'random'? Can you explain in a bit more detail, as the only log you provided ends after WideServer is started. But you also say that this occurs when WideServer is disabled. So maybe provide a bit more information on when it crashes (without WideServer), and show me another log file.

I'm perplexed on this one....after the next (and each) crash, please check the event viewer and post anything reported there - as well as the your FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Edited by John Dowson
Added request for log file on crash

3 minutes ago, Guissop said:

it seems than FSUIPC7 is not compatible with the IVAO client, When the "core module" part is not started, FSUIPC do not crash.

I don't use (or know  much about) IVAO. Does it use FSUIPC7? If not, it should not make a difference. Maybe ask about this on the IVAO forums.

John

The

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

I don't use (or know  much about) IVAO. Does it use FSUIPC7? If not, it should not make a difference. Maybe ask about this on the IVAO forums.

John

The new IVAO client is not build around FSUIPC as previsoulsy...  I personally use  FSUIPC to calibrate materials and for Widefs with other stuffs. (That sound like port conflict or something like that.)

Posting on IVAO forum will probably have no effect as long there own software look not affected, I will try anyway.

Thanks for your support John.

Guillaume P

Ok. Its strange that this affects FSUIPC though if its not being used. I would have thought that any port conflicts would produce an error...and you can always change the ports used to get around this....

I guess I can try IVAO at some point to see what is happening, but I'm afraid that it will take me quite a while to get around to this.....