The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC macro doesn't load LVAR with decimals

First thing, I can't use the mouse macro because I am using a VR. Secondly I am not using a toggle switch but instead need to set up a specific airspeed bug. (ASI BUG on the airspeed gauge). 

This is my macro, I need to set it up with a keyboard button or voice command thru VOICEATTACK

1=L:ATR42_NEEDLE_ASI_BUG = 170.000000

I just make copies of  the previous extra macros that I have saved, I then edit the macro and put the script in. However after this the macros won't show up in the FSUICP list.

At this point I am starting to wonder if its possible to change these values thru FSUIPC ?

4 minutes ago, pannam said:

This is my macro, I need to set it up with a keyboard button or voice command thru VOICEATTACK

1=L:ATR42_NEEDLE_ASI_BUG = 170.000000

Your macro definition is not correct. Please see the Advanced User Guide, P39:

Macros to change Lvars
The macro facility to operate Lvars can only be used by editing macro files and building them manually. The format is:
N=L:name=ACTION
Where ACTION must be one of:
Set, Inc, Dec, Sbits, Cbits, Cyclic or Toggle (but only the first 3 letters are needed):

Set copies the parameter in the Macro invocation to the identified Lvar. Alternatively, a value can be given
explicitly here, by “
Set,n”. Values are limited to the normal parameter range, –32768 to 32767.
increments the value, and here the parameter (explicit or supplied) gives the upper limit, which can be
equalled but not exceeded.
decrements the value, with the parameter setting the lower limit.
Inc
Dec
Sbits sets bits into the value, assuming it is a 32-bit integer, according to the parameter (i.e OR's the
parameter into the value).
clears bits from the value, assuming it is a 32-bit integer, according to the parameter (i.e AND's the
value with the inverse of the parameter).
is the same as
Inc, but after the limit is reached the next value is 0.
Cbits
Cyclic
Toggle changes the value to zero if it is non-zero, or 1 if it is zero.

The Lvar name has a limit of 64 characters.

Given that, try:

1=L:ATR42_NEEDLE_ASI_BUG=Set,170

John