The simFlight Network Forums

GPS Mapping

rvroman

3 hours ago, rvroman said:

MSFS default aircraft.

Which aircraft is that then? There are many MSFS aircraft, but I didn't realise there was a default one....

3 hours ago, rvroman said:

The list of GPS assignments pictured below.

But they are just the controls/events exposed by SimConnect. I don't know if any of those general GPS button assignments are linked to anything, but that would depend on the aircraft and GPS system in use.

What GPS button in which aircraft are you trying to operate?

The default aircraft is in reference to aircraft that come with MSFS 2020 and the default GPS.

In FSUIPC 4 and FSX I have several of them (listed below) mapped to buttons and switches on my panel and the GPS is displayed on a secondary screen. These then operate the GPS 500 (comes with FSX and used by default FSX aircraft) as well as the GNS 400 and GNS 530 that come in various add on aircraft. Basically pushing the button or using the switch on the panel creates the same response as clicking the mouse on the GPS on the screen.

I was hoping to do the same thing in MSFS, but this may just be one of those things they have not created compatibility for yet.

GPS Clear Button
GPS Cursor Button
GPS Directto Button
GPS Enter Button
GPS Flightplan Button
GPS Group Knob Dec
GPS Group Knob Inc
GPS Menu Button
GPS Msg Button
GPS Nearest Button
GPS OBS Button
GPS Page Knob Dec
GPS Page Knob Inc
GPS Procedure Button
GPS Terrain Button
GPS Zoomin Button
GPS Zoomout Button

11 hours ago, rvroman said:

The default aircraft is in reference to aircraft that come with MSFS 2020 and the default GPS.

Yes, but there are various GPS systems as you state, and the GPS systems work differently, say, in the A320Neo compared to other aircraft.

11 hours ago, rvroman said:

I was hoping to do the same thing in MSFS, but this may just be one of those things they have not created compatibility for yet.

Maybe, but as I say it can be aircraft and/or GPS system specific.