The simFlight Network Forums

Is it just me???

mac@bath

Frustrating "issue", regarding AutoPilot controlling in MSFS2020.

I use a Warthog HOTAS and have set up a 4-way switch on the top my Flightstick to move the indicator bugs for both heading (+/-) and alt select (+/-)

Hdg select (using A7+A9) will ONLY move in 10-degree steps - not 1-degree steps and the Alt select (using A6+A8) only goes in 1000ft steps (not in 100ft steps)?

I would appreciate ANY help or advice you can provide to help me to better understand whether some additional parameter would adress this silly problem!

Many thanks

Barry

Peter

Many thanks for your VERY prompt response!!

(I didn't even KNOW about that "logging" feature, but tried it tonight!)

I "THINK" that this might well have identified the "issue" and as requested I have attached copies of both my FSUIPC7.ini AND a (much reduced!!) Log-text file.

That latter file immediately identifies that (without me knowing about this¬¬ I clearly have (well, 'had'!!) the "APU START" switch on my HOTAS Throttle in the 'on' position!!!!    it was the first words in EVERY line!!!

I turned that switch to 'off'.....lo and behold my ALtitude now changes in 100's and my Hdg changes in single degrees!!!!!

Yay!!!

I'm confident that this MUST have been the reason for my problem, 

I did TRY to upload my Consol.log, but it was too big!!

Does my FSUIPC.ini file show anything else I've done (wrongly!)??

Very many thanks for your support....and apologies for my (apparent, but unintended) silly error.

Regards

B

FSUIPC7.ini

10 hours ago, mac@bath said:

Does my FSUIPC.ini file show anything else I've done (wrongly!)??

It shows that you are still on version 7.0.0 - you should download and install the latest version which is v7.0.2.

Your log file is so large as you also activated logging for reads & writes,  as well as Axes controls - you didn't really need to activate those. Also, as its only a text file,  you can always zip it up before attaching - although not needed now your issue is resolved.

Otherwise your ini doesn't show much - you only have 3 button and one key press assignments (and no axes assignments).

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 11:47 PM, mac@bath said:

I turned that switch to 'off'.....lo and behold my ALtitude now changes in 100's and my Hdg changes in single degrees!!!!!

Just FYI, this is a known MSFS issue with certain controllers. See https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/heading-increment-bug-10-degree-instead-of-1-explained/290173

John