The simFlight Network Forums

Read tailwheel lock status? P3D V5

kaha

Hello,

as there is no offset location for this and no L:Var for the aeroplane I want to control (Just Flights C-46) and also no K:Var in P3D, I assume that getting this variable is only possible by reading the "TAILWHEEL LOCK ON" boolean from simconnect in a lua script?

Has anyone done it yet? That would save me some time and be very much appreciated. I'm on P3D V5.1HF1.

Thank you for your help,

Karl

I've moved your question from the FAQ subforum ,where is clearly states "Not for support requests" so it can be answered!

On 12/19/2020 at 11:42 AM, kaha said:

as there is no offset location for this and no L:Var for the aeroplane I want to control (Just Flights C-46) and also no K:Var in P3D, I assume that getting this variable is only possible by reading the "TAILWHEEL LOCK ON" boolean from simconnect in a lua script?

Why do you say there is no offset for this? Check offset 0x2A90. That is the documented offset recording the value of "TAILWHEEL LOCK ON"!

Pete

Thank you for moving my topic, Pete.

Of course you are right. I'm sorry, I did not consult the latest documentation. Instead I looked into a file called "FSUIPC for Programmers.pdf" located in the FSUIPC6/SDK folder. 

Knowing about 0x2A90 I can now go on.

Karl