The simFlight Network Forums

license

pilour6

An FSUIPC4 license is not for FSUIPC7.

Your FSUIPC4 license is for FSUIPC4 only. Your WideFS7 license is for WideFS7 only.
For FSUIPC7, you need an FSUIPC7 license.

WideFS7 is compatible with FSUIPC7. You should be able to register that during the FSUIPC7 installation process without having an FSUIPC7 license.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, John Dowson said:

An FSUIPC4 license is not for FSUIPC7.

Your FSUIPC4 license is for FSUIPC4 only. Your WideFS7 license is for WideFS7 only.
For FSUIPC7, you need an FSUIPC7 license.

WideFS7 is compatible with FSUIPC7. You should be able to register that during the FSUIPC7 installation process without having an FSUIPC7 license.

John

John, I have had a license for FSUIPC ever since FSX first started. The current version is v4, I think. My account on SimMarket shows my last v4 purchase. I notice there is a discount for previous owners of FSUIPC, but not sure if it includes v4. Just wanted to know before going to get the v7 license. Is there a discount for v4 owners, or do I have to pay the full price for v7?

In any case, I love the software, so I'll gladly pay full price if need be. 

Thanks,

-= Gary =-

11 minutes ago, Kemy said:

it is your decision and right of course but I don’t see the reason why fsx users don’t get a discount .

I can understand your grievance but a decision was made before release and has been discussed in many previous topics.
Discussion on licensing policy and deductions is now closed. It is what it is.

John