The simFlight Network Forums

Issue with FS2020 1.12.13.0 and PFC driver

Aircom

After downloading the latest FS2020 version 1.12.13.0, I have an issue with my PFC serial quadrant. After the sim is started and the PFC driver activates, detecting my quadrant, it initially works well. I can move the throttle to set full power and takeoff for instance. Then, at a random moment later, nothing works on my serial quadrant. If I restart fsuipc, the PFC driver does not detect anything anymore. If I restart the sim, it does not work better. I have to restart windows to make it work again.

Note that on the same machine, I also have P3D installed. I have zero issue there, meaning that the quadrant and the windows COM driver work well on this PC. I had also no issue with the previous FS2020 version.

If my quadrant fails in FS2020, it will also fail in P3D if I try just after the failure. It's as if the COM driver was impacted. I have to restart windows to fix it.

I have the same or similar issue. It looks like this will require an update to FSUIPC7.exe. The program essentially locks up and still shows on the task bar. Right clicking the icon on the task bar will no longer work after a while as well when this happens. In order for things to work again, one must go to task manager and find "IPC Interface and More, for MSFS" which is really FSUIPC7.exe and end the task, then you can reopen fsuipc7 get your controls back for a limited time until it hangs again. I hope this is fixed soon as this makes FSUIPC7 nearly unusable for now. And I am sure it likely will.

You could try the attached version, v7.0.3, which I will release officially later today. This contains a few minor updates, and has been compiled against the new SDK v0.9.0.0 that ws released with 1.12.13.0. However, I'm not sure what the issue is yet, without further information, so not sure it will help. I will be testing this with 1.12.13.0 today.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

19 minutes ago, Travis1992 said:

I quickly came up to the same problem.

Can you tell me what happened? And if FSUIPC7 crashed, can you please check the windows event viewer to see if there is a crash report, and if so post the details.

Your log just shows a crash when using the HidDemo.lua. Maybe try without this.

@Aircom Yes, I'm afraid your thread was hijacked by a different problem. I'm pretty sure that the new version won't help you. I'm at a loss as to what could cause.

12 hours ago, Aircom said:

If my quadrant fails in FS2020, it will also fail in P3D if I try just after the failure. It's as if the COM driver was impacted. I have to restart windows to fix it.

So it seems that the COM port driver in windows is failing/crashing. Its hard to see how an MSFS update can affect this, unless its also doing something with the serial ports.
Maybe you can check the windows Event viewer,  to see if you can see any failures there that could be related. Otherwise, maybe try the Windows SFC (system file checker), and maybe check that your mobo drivers are up to date.

Sorry for the hijacking, due to the timing and similar sounding issue, I thought they might be related. I might have my issue sorted which could have been caused by opening FSUIPC7 along with other apps at the same time that use it. If I still have issues, I will start another thread. Thanks John, and best of luck with your issue Aircom!

• 2 weeks later...

Found the time to fly more. As a summary I can tell that:

- My P3D+FSUIPC+PFCdll works very well 100% of the time

- FS2020 latest version + FSUIPC usually works, but from time to time, my serial quadrant will stop working. I have to reboot the PC to solve the issue. The PFC detection window says that it can open the port but it detects no equipment when this happens.