The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - Connect from Android

Didier

G

Hello.

I would like to develop software on Android to control some functions on my MSFS2020.

Could you tell me if it is possible to connect to Fsuipc from my Android?

if so, is there a manual or tutorial to achieve this?

I specify that I develop under Windev mobile (www.windev.com).

Thank you all

5 hours ago, Didier said:

I would like to develop software on Android to control some functions on my MSFS2020.

Could you tell me if it is possible to connect to Fsuipc from my Android?

You would need to write two programs -- a server on the FSUIPC7 PC, interfacing to it directly using the SDK provisions, and your Android program talking to it over a Network.

I specify that I develop under Windev mobile (www.windev.com).

If that makes it completely Windows compatible then maybe WideClient will run on it? If so you just need to register WideFS and write your program as for any normal Windows FSUIPC application.

Seems unlikely though.

Pete

1 hour ago, Didier said:

Ok Pete, thanks...

I'll register it.

Please see if WideClient.exe will run on your device first. It does depend a lot on standard Windows functions and i'm not at all confident that the Windows you have running on an Android device will support them all correctly.

The registration is only to enable the server end, which is built into FSUIPC.  If WideClient does run (it just won't 'connect') then you purchase your registration in SimMarket. Just search for WideFS7.

Pete