The simFlight Network Forums

Second Yoke not recognize in FSUIPC for FSX

Hi,
I have 2 Saitek yokes installed for FSX, the captain's one is functional but the co-pilot's one is not recognized in FSUIPC registered version. However it is configured well in Windows and I can assign functions from FSX.

No buttons or axes are recognized via FSUIPC for the 2nd yoke.

FSX
Windows 10
FSUIPC 4.975a

I have included some files for helpFSUIPC4.zip

Thank you
Christian

Looks like the yoke is being assigned the same joystick id as your Wingman for some reason.

Can you do the following please: change
    AutoAssignLetters=No
to
   AutoAssignLetters=Yes

in your FSUIPC4.ini, start FSX, close it, then attach you new FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4.ini files.

John

Further info: both your second yoke and your wingman have been assigned the same joystick id (2), which is why you have issues.
Also, as both your yokes have the same product and vendor ids, they can get confused if you disconnect and re-connect. But, once set-up it should be ok if you leave them connected.
Your assignments are slightly confused due to this and will need modifying. You have assignments to a device with id 3 that doesn't exist - do you know which device you made these assignments to:

[Axes.Flight 1 ATR 72-500 Air Canada Jazz]
11=2R,256,F,65696,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: RUDDER_SET }-
12=3X,256
13=3X,B,4608,16383,M1:65,0    -{ Entering=Macro atr: L-clON: L-clON }-
14=3Y,256
15=3Y,B,4608,16383,M1:66,0    -{ Entering=Macro atr: R-clON: R-clON: R-clON }-
[Buttons.Flight 1 ATR 72-500 Air Canada Jazz]
26=P2,5,K55,9     -{Key press: shft+7}-
27=P2,6,K53,9     -{Key press: shft+5}-
57=P3,4,CM1:46,0     -{Macro atr: gustlock: gustlock}-
58=P3,5,CM1:47,0     -{Macro atr: config}-
59=R3,0,CM1:42,0     -{Macro atr: dim-adi-capt: dim-adi-capt}-
60=R3,1,CM1:43,0     -{Macro atr: dim-hsi-capt: dim-hsi-capt}-
61=R3,2,CM1:44,0     -{Macro atr: dm-adi-fo: dm-adi-fo}-
62=R3,3,CM1:45,0     -{Macro atr: dim-hsi-fo: dim-hsi-fo}-
89=P3,6,CM1:61,0     -{Macro atr: L-cutoff}-
90=U3,6,CM1:62,0     -{Macro atr: L-fuelON: L-fuelON}-
91=P3,7,CM1:63,0     -{Macro atr: R-cutoff: R-cutoff}-
92=U3,7,CM1:64,0     -{Macro atr: R-fuelON: R-fuelON}-
[Buttons.iFly 737-800 (Wide screen)]
20=P3,0,CM4:24,0     -{Macro 737: dist1+}-
21=P3,1,CM4:23,0     -{Macro 737: dist1-}-
22=P3,2,CM4:21,0     -{Macro 737: trfc1}-
23=P3,3,CM4:22,0     -{Macro 737: trfc2}-
24=P3,4,CM4:26,0     -{Macro 737: dist2+}-
25=P3,5,CM4:25,0     -{Macro 737: dist2-}-

Once I've seen your updated files with the joyletters assigned. I can change these to the correct device if you let me know which that is!
From you Joyscan.csv file, it should be the wingman. If thats the case, you could also try changing this line in your ini:
    2.GUID={4D285480-3B07-11EA-800D-444553540000}
to
    3.GUID={4D285480-3B07-11EA-800D-444553540000}
at the same time as you make the AutoAssignLetters update, then restart FSX, try your yoke and post the update files if still not recognised.

If you do that, you may need to revise your current assignments to device 2:

11=2R,256,F,65696,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: RUDDER_SET }-
26=P2,5,K55,9     -{Key press: shft+7}-
27=P2,6,K53,9     -{Key press: shft+5}-

If they are to the Wingman, they will also need to be changed to 3. Otherwise they will be assigned to your 2nd yoke, which should be recognised (with the above changes) as device 2. If in doubt, remove them and re-assign.

John

Hi John,
Thank you for the quick reply.
The P2 device is the Wingman, the P3 device is a GoFlight module.
However, I no longer use the ATR72, so I could delete the buttons linked to this aircraft in FSUIPC. What's the fastest way? manually delete all lines referring to ATR72?

I'll disconnect the Wingman to see if the other yoke will be recognized.

Thank you
Christian

15 hours ago, CDelisle said:

The P2 device is the Wingman, the P3 device is a GoFlight module.

Ok - so 2 WAS (not P2 - P is just for 'press') your wingman. However, this is now device 3.
3 couldn't have been a GoFlight module - these will have ids >= 100 (if loaded using the GF driver) - or is it a standard HID joystick device?

Anyway, please try the attached FSUIPC4.ini (save your current one please). In this, I have removed all assignments to your '3' device, moved your assignemnts from your '2' device to '3'. and set the winfman to be device 3. With this, your 2nd yoke should now hopefully be recognised as device 2.

Please try this updated, run FSX to see if you can now see and assign to your second yoke, and check if your existing assignments still work, especially for the Wingman. If you have any issues, please attach your updated FSUIPC4.ini and FSUIPC4.log files, as well as your JoyScan.csv file.

John

Hi John,
After a few tests, it seems that everything is functional.
As for the ATR72 which I no longer use, can I just delete the lines in the INI file or do I have to use the FSUIPC interface to remove the mouse macros?

A big thank you to you and Pete for all this work for years, I have been using FS and FSUIPC since their first versions.

Bye
Christian
Quebec, Canada

32 minutes ago, CDelisle said:

As for the ATR72 which I no longer use, can I just delete the lines in the INI file or do I have to use the FSUIPC interface to remove the mouse macros?

Yes, just remove the lines from the ini (take a backup first, just in case!). You won't see them in the interface if the device is not connected/doesnt exist.

34 minutes ago, CDelisle said:

A big thank you to you and Pete for all this work for years, I have been using FS and FSUIPC since their first versions.

Thanks. We appreciate happy customers! Its mainly Pete though (previously, now me) - I'm a relative newbie having only been involved for the past 2-3 years.

I've still till a lot to learn!

Regards,

John