The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 crashes once every 3 or 4 flights which results in a MSFS2020 CTD

As stated in  the subject FSUIPC7 crashes once every 3 or 4 flights (sometimes more or even less)  which results in a MSFS2020 Crash to Desktop. How can I avoid this ?

There are no crash to desktops if FSUIPC7 and Pilot2ATC are not enabled. I can fly non-stop for hours. I am using the A32NX , which is the A320 Fly by Wire Mod.

I am using FSUIPC7 for Pilot2ATC.

System :

FSUIPC Version 7.0.4 (Registered)

Pilot2ATC Latest Version.

Nvidia RTX 3090

Ryzen 9 5900x

64 GB Ram

Edited by Captain DV

1 minute ago, Captain DV said:

As stated in  the subject FSUIPC7 crashes once every 3 or 4 flights (sometimes more or even less)  which results in a MSFS2020 Crash to Desktop.

Are you sure that its FSUIPC7 crashing, and not MSFS crashing which would exit FSUIPC7?
Please show me your FSUIPC7.log file so that i can confirm.

Note that, as FSUIPC7 is now a separate application (rather than an embedded dll), it should not cause MSFS to crash, and any MSFS CTDs should be reported to Asobo, with the windows event viewer details attached as well as the crash dump, if enabled.

There is currently a known issue that is causing CTDs in MSFS when using SimConnect clients. There are various threads on this issue (see the FSUIPC7 sub-forum). Asobo are aware of this and its under investigation.

John

Is that the log file produced when MSFS crashes? Or was FSUIPC7 still running? If the latter, can you send me the FSUIPC7.log file when you experience a CTD.

Can you also check the windows Event Viewer (after a CTD) to see if there is a crash even reported there, under Windows Logs -> Application, and if so please post the details. Also show me your FSUIPC7.ini file.

Thanks,

John

21 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Are you sure that its FSUIPC7 crashing, and not MSFS crashing which would exit FSUIPC7?
Please show me your FSUIPC7.log file so that i can confirm.

Note that, as FSUIPC7 is now a separate application (rather than an embedded dll), it should not cause MSFS to crash, and any MSFS CTDs should be reported to Asobo, with the windows event viewer details attached as well as the crash dump, if enabled.

There is currently a known issue that is causing CTDs in MSFS when using SimConnect clients. There are various threads on this issue (see the FSUIPC7 sub-forum). Asobo are aware of this and its under investigation.

John

I would also like to tell you that Simlink was 'on' as I also use Navigraph and Simtook kit pro, there were no CTD issues for an entire week of flying, 10 hours daily. However, the CTDs only occur when Pilot2ATC and FSUIPC7 are enabled.

So on the next CTD, I'll go to the Windows Logs -> Application

Yes, and also show me the FSUIPC7.log file AFTER a CTD. The one you previously posted looks like FSUIPC7 was still running....

Your ini doesn't show anything - you have no assignments at all. Why are you using a registered version if not using assignments (or lua)?

3 minutes ago, Captain DV said:

I would also like to tell you that Simlink was 'on' as I also use Navigraph and Simtook kit pro, there were no CTD issues for an entire week of flying, 10 hours daily. However, the CTDs only occur when Pilot2ATC and FSUIPC7 are enabled.

If it is the known CTD, which I suspect it is, the trigger seems to be related to the amount of data going through simconnect, and FSUIPC is a pretty heavy user.
Some people have had success by disabling the reception of AI data in FSUIPC, by adding the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
  ProvideAIdata=No

John

What are assignments (or lua) ? . I am new to this , although I am a real life pilot.

You are right, FSUIPC7 was running at the time the .log file was sent to you.

I will add the ProvideAIdata=No to the FSUIPC7.ini file . I am only using it for Pilot2ATC

What are assignments (or lua) ?

Assignments are assigning Flight sim controls to your devices (axes and buttons) to control the aircraft.
Lua is a programming language used for writing scripts to do more advanced controls.
The user manual contains information on these, and if you look at the User Contributions section you will see various lua scripts people have written (and there are a bunch of examples included in the FSUIPC download). Check the FSUIPC7 documents, installed under an FSUIPC7 folder in your Windows Documents folder.

5 minutes ago, Captain DV said:

I am only using it for Pilot2ATC

Then you don't need an FSUIPC license really....! But thanks for buying one anyway 😉

John