The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 - Reinstallation problem

Doc78000

(Attention, message translated with google translate, thank you for your understanding))

Hello sir,

I have a problem reinstalling your software (FSUIPC 7)
Before explaining my problem to you, be aware that:
 - I followed the installation pdf "Installing and Registering FSUIPC7"
 - The first installation went well
 - I read the posts related to this problem in your forum
 - I downloaded FSUIPC 7 on this page: http://www.fsuipc.com/
 - then on this page as a precaution: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/
 - My order number on Sim Market is: 2603631
 - During the first installation, the registration of my activation key worked well
 - The reinstallation is carried out with my antivirus cut
 - I reinstall your software following the sudden non-functioning of my VR Insight MCP COMBO that I use thanks to LINDA 4.0.3.41

My reinstallation procedure is as follows:
 - I launch my reinstallation via the exe "Install_FSUIPC7"
 - The installer starts
 - On the first page I click on "Next"
 - I accept the user agreement
 - I do not uncheck any options and click on "Next"
 - I leave the default path (C: \ FSUIPC7) then click on "Install"

Then here is my problem:
 - The installer launches the progress bar on a few millimeters
 - The following message is displayed above the loading bar "Error loading EXE .xml File"
 - The installation stops suddenly without any additional error message
 - An FSUIPC7 folder is indeed created in the hard drive "C:" but this folder contains only the FSUIPC.exe file and nothing else (which was not the case during the first installation)
 - The "InstallFSUIPC7.log" file is not present
 - When launching LINDA, the following message is displayed "Some key LINDA / FSUIPC7 files are missing" then "No FSUIPCX.ini [Programs]. Check LINDA in correct folder."

Can you help me make your software reinstall correctly please?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Regards,
Max

2 hours ago, Doc78000 said:

Can you help me make your software reinstall correctly please?

Re-run the installer and do not install the Auto-Start FSUIPC7 with MSFS component. If you do not see this component in the selection panel, you need to download the latest installer. You should be ok with that but you will have to manually start FSUIPC7.

Once installed, please send me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file and I'll take a look. Are you using an MS Store install for MSFS or a Steam one?

John

(Attention, message translated with google translate, thank you for your understanding)

Hello sir,

Following numerous tests and thanks to your proposal (reinstall FSUIPC without the executable worked), I was able to understand the origin of my problem: the installation of the SDVFR software

For some reason that I do not know, installing SDVFR after FSUIPC7 causes a bug in your software installer (installation / modification of files? Simconnect.xml is not modified before and after the installation of SDVFR)

The solution for me was as follows:
- Reinstallation of MSFS 2020 to have a clean installation
- Installation of SDVFR
- Installation of FSUIPC7
- Installation of LINDA

With this method, everything works perfectly and your installer worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Max

Hi Max,

2 minutes ago, Doc78000 said:

For some reason that I do not know, installing SDVFR after FSUIPC7 causes a bug in your software installer (installation / modification of files?

But if you are installing SDVFR after installing FSUIPC7, you do not need to re-run the FSUIPC7 installer again after installing SDVFR, no? So how can this cause a bug in the installer?

4 minutes ago, Doc78000 said:

Simconnect.xml is not modified before and after the installation of SDVFR)

FSUIPC7 doesn't touch that file so it shouldn't make any difference to the install order. The only MSFS file that FSUIPC7 creates or modifies is the EXE.xm;, and only when selecting to install the Autostart component.

Anyway, I'm glad its working even though I'm not sure what the original problem was, or if I can do anything to prevent this occurring again or for other users.
Maybe its the SDVFR installer that needs updating?

Cheers,

John

When SDVFR was first installed, FSUIPC and LINDA were already functional. Immediately after this installation my VRinsight MCP Combo stopped working correctly with FSUIPC / LINDA at the expense of SDVFR which worked perfectly.

I thought that the problem came from an interruption of exchange between FSUIPC / LINDA / VRInsight due to a modification of the Simconnect and that the installation of SDVFR had modified files. So I decided to uninstall everything and reinstall everything. This is when my problem with your installer occurred. Unable to properly reinstall FSUIPC.

After informing myself about your software by reading the various documents that you made available I have not succeeded in solving the problem. So I came to ask you for help.

I really don't understand what went wrong the first time and why by reinstalling the different modules (including the game itself) in this order this solves the problem

Edited by Doc78000

5 minutes ago, Doc78000 said:

I really don't understand what went wrong the first time and why by reinstalling the different modules (including the game itself) in this order this solves the problem

Ok, me neither. Maybe you tried to install FSUIPC7 before installing or running MSFS? If you uninstalled MSFS, you need to install and run it at least once (to create/update the MSFS registry entries) before installing FSUIPC7.

Anyway, seems to be working now.

• 1 year later...

Dear All , I have got the same problem as the post 91718.

actual setup : P3D with pmdg 747-00 working FSUIPC6 integrated and accepted in P3D ( can see in add-on ) icon upper screen tool bar.

i did copy the Linda file in the document containing add-ons.xml file , but compare to the brief of 2 jan 2022 the file FSUIPC6.ini is missing.

this is confirm when i start Linda the error message is FSUIPC6.ini missing !!.

Any advice ?.

Thks

@Demoulin You posted in the FSUIPC7 support forum - please use the maim support forum for FSUIPC6 issues.

FSUIPC6 will create a default FSUIPC6.ini file if non is found in its installation folder when ran, and as you need FSUIPC running before starting LINDA, I can't see how you can get such a message...

The FSUIPC6.ini file will be in your FSUIPC6 installation folder, which is not necessarily the same folder as your add-on.xml file, in fact I strongly recommend that you don't install FSUIPC6 in this folder. To check your installation location, use the Open Folder button in the FSUIPC6 logging tab.

You have probably copied the Linda file to the wrong location, so check that. But for Linda issues, you should contact Linda support.

John

Later: I see you have also created another post for the same issue....

29 minutes ago, Karol Ruth said:

and I have no connection to MSFS

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that FSUIPC7 cannot connect to MSFS?
If you are having problems with FSUIPC7, please show me (attach) your FSUIPC7.log file. If you are having issues with installation, show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file.

If your issue is with VAMSYS, then you need their support.

John