The simFlight Network Forums

IFly 737 - 800

Hello,

I use FSIPUC in my standard FSx-Steam 737-800.   I have set up 3 Seitek throttles.  That gives me Spoilers, Throttles, Flaps, Brake and Two Mixture Rich controls.   I have all my buttons set up for my home made overhead panel.  All is well.  All throttles are deselected in FSX-Steam.

I have purchased iFly 737 as I have a VRInsignt Overhead panel which only works with a couple of purchased 737 aircraft (not the default 737 in FsX), iFly being one of them.    The VR Overhead works perfectly.

Unlike the standard 737 in FSx, I can't set the throttles for the iFly in FSUIPC, sometimes the throttle won't register, the movements are occasionally not seen.  Occasionally I can get one to set but the setting gets forgotten or the it gets mixed with a previous successful throttles setting. 

I really don't understand what I am doing wrong. If I switch back to default FSx, all is well and I can add and make changes successfully in FSUIPC.

Any help appreciated.

Rachel

13 minutes ago, RachelG said:

Unlike the standard 737 in FSx, I can't set the throttles for the iFly in FSUIPC, sometimes the throttle won't register, the movements are occasionally not seen.  Occasionally I can get one to set but the setting gets forgotten or the it gets mixed with a previous successful throttles setting. 

I really don't understand what I am doing wrong. If I switch back to default FSx, all is well and I can add and make changes successfully in FSUIPC.

You could try a different assignment method. You haven't said how you are currently assigning:

1. Direct to FSUIPC calibration: throttle 1 and throttle2, plus calibration?
2. To the FS control "Axis throttle1 set" and "Axis throttle2 set"? With or without calibration?
3. To the FS control "Throttle1 set" and "Throttle2 set"? With or without calibration?

So, with calibration thought of as optional, there a 5 choices there. One will work for sure. I suspect the problem is similar to that which affects PMDG 737 users .

Best to create a separate Profile for the iFly so you can change things for it without affecting your other aircraft. Then try each of the 4 options you are not currently using.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

I am using the first method.  Will try the others that you have suggested. Thank you for the suggestions.

I have set up a iFly 737 Profile (didn't want to lose the FSX 737 setups). 

Will let you know how I get on, if I can sneak into my Sim room today.