The simFlight Network Forums

Carenado Hawker 850XP FSX FSUIPC momentary switches

*** Moved from FAQ sub-forum - please post in the correct forum ***

Hello all,

I'm about to finish my home cockpit, but I'm still missing some of the codes to make the momentary switches work. I understand some of the switches Carenado is using have their own code. Has anyone here had success using  L:Var Macro for the momentary buttons/switches like the test button for Engine Fire or INV1/2 START both in the overhead panel? By momentary switches I mean those that when pushed, return to the initial position. I have tried with Inc, Dec, Set, Toggle, etc, but it didn't work. Is it possible to make them work with L:Var Macro only?Another example is for the APU start, wherein I can move to position OFF and ON but can't move to the start position because it is only momentary.  Is it possible to do the work with L:Var Macro only?

Will post some of the L:Var Macros,

-Engine Fire Test:

1=L:ASD_BTN_TEST_FIRE_ENG1_850XP

-INV1 START

1=L:ASD_SWITCH_AC_INV1_850XP

-APU Start

L:ASD_SWITCH_APU_MASTERSTART_DIR

Thank you all in advance,

Gustavo D R.

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

14 hours ago, gustavousanj said:

I'm about to finish my home cockpit, but I'm still missing some of the codes to make the momentary switches work. I understand some of the switches Carenado is using have their own code. Has anyone here had success using  L:Var Macro for the momentary buttons/switches like the test button for Engine Fire or INV1/2 START both in the overhead panel? By momentary switches I mean those that when pushed, return to the initial position. I have tried with Inc, Dec, Set, Toggle, etc, but it didn't work. Is it possible to make them work with L:Var Macro only?Another example is for the APU start, wherein I can move to position OFF and ON but can't move to the start position because it is only momentary.  Is it possible to do the work with L:Var Macro only?

Sorry, but I don't know that aircraft. However, you need to say how you are assigning these to your momentary buttons. And when trying the "Set" variant of the L:Var facility, what are you setting them to? You really do need to be more explicit.

You say they Carenado are doing their own thing with the switches. So, have you tried the probably easier method of operating them -- Mouse Macros?

Also, when you enable event logging in FSUIPC, do you see anything logged when you operate the switches?

Finally, you always need to state the extact version number of FSUIPC. If it isn't 4.976, the currently supported version you really need to update.

[LATER]

I see you posted again (this time in the correct Forum), and yo already have a very helpful reply. I'll close this thread. Please continue there.

Pete

• Like 1