The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC/737-800 PMDG/P3D

*** Moved from Announcements sub-forum: please post all support requests in the correct forum ***

Hello together, I have P3D with the 737-800 from PMDG! In addition, a Logitech Pro Joke system without rudder, but with the Throttle Quadrant. I also don't get the throttle assigned to FSUIPC. I deleted all mappings in P3D and now try to reassign everything with FSUIPC. Here you should be able to select the Select Control, so that FSUIPC also passes the whole thing on to the SIM. Unfortunately, this does not work. I would like to assign the Throttle quadrants so that the left lever for the speedbrakes, the in the middle is for thrust and the right for the flaps. Can someone help me? 

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the Announcements sub-forum, where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post for you this time, byt please take care to post in the correct forum for future requests.

5 minutes ago, Spacewind said:

I also don't get the throttle assigned to FSUIPC.

What does this mean? You have to assign the throttle yourself, it does not do this automatically. What have you tried?

6 minutes ago, Spacewind said:

I deleted all mappings in P3D and now try to reassign everything with FSUIPC.

Ok, but best to disable controllers completely in P3D, as it has a tendency to automatically re-assign on occasion.

7 minutes ago, Spacewind said:

Here you should be able to select the Select Control, so that FSUIPC also passes the whole thing on to the SIM. Unfortunately, this does not work.

What doesn't work? What controls have you tried?  Are you sending to FSUIPC for calibration and calibrated, or are you sending to FS as a normal axis? What version of FSUIPC and P3D are you using?
As a minimum, I need to see your FSUIPC log and ini files, and need to know what you have tried. There have also been many posts on assigning the throttles in the PMDG aircraft (although difficult to find, admitadly!) - you should at least try searching these forums first (as well as the PMDG ones) to see if you can find any help there. 

19 hours ago, John Dowson said:

First, you posted in the Announcements sub-forum, where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post for you this time, byt please take care to post in the correct forum for future requests.

Good Morning, Please excuse me: Since my English is not that good yet, I let Google help me with the translation. 

I seem to have posted my question in the wrong forum here. Sorry!

What does this mean? You have to assign the throttle yourself, it does not do this automatically. What have you tried?

I tried to reassign all levers etc. with FSUIPC. Unfortunately, that doesn't work the way I imagine.
 First I deleted the mappings from P3D. Now I want to reassign everything (with FSUIPC), and I can't do that

Ok, but best to disable controllers completely in P3D, as it has a tendency to automatically re-assign on occasion.

Ok how do I have to do that exactly?

What doesn't work? What controls have you tried? 

Everything is not working properly. I would like to reassign and calibrate everything with FSUIPC.

If I push the throttle forward a little, the FS immediately pushes the throttle to full throttle

Are you sending to FSUIPC for calibration and calibrated, or are you sending to FS as a normal axis?

Where's the difference? I'm unfortunately still an absolutely new one here (and already a bit older)

What version of FSUIPC and P3D are you using?

In P3D is Version 5.1 and FSUIPC 6.0.12

As a minimum, I need to see your FSUIPC log and ini files, and need to know what you have tried. There have also been many posts on assigning the throttles in the PMDG aircraft (although difficult to find, admitadly!) - you should at least try searching these forums first (as well as the PMDG ones) to see if you can find any help there. 

Where can I find these log files to send them here?

Please don't embed your comments in a quoted message. It make your comment very difficult to read.
I think you should at least try and read the provided user manuals - they will be under your Documents folder in an FSUIPC6 sub-folder.

Where can I find these log files to send them here?

Your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files will be located in your installation folder, i.e. where you chose to install FSUIPC6.
If you don't know where that is, please see the included Installation and Registration guide.

Ok how do I have to do that exactly?

To disable controllers completely in P3D, go to menu  Options->General, and under Other Controls you will see a checkbox for Enable Controller(s) - make sure that is un-checked.

If I push the throttle forward a little, the FS immediately pushes the throttle to full throttle

This is usually due to the axis being identified as a digital on/off axis in the registry. Please see the following FAQ entry:

John

5 minutes ago, Spacewind said:

I'll attach them. I hope I don't have to tweak the Windows Control Panel Otherwise I am ready for anything.

Of your throttle is jumping straight to full throttle with any movement, you need to fix the registry entry for that device. Please see that FAQ article I referenced. Remember to back up your registry first!

Before you do that, you can try with other controls (but I think you will find the same result). You are currently using Throttle Set, try also with Axis Throttle Set.

Note that you are using a profile (called 737 Axic) for your PMDG 737, but you don't have any axis for that profile. You should make the axis for that profile specific. To do this, open the axis assignments dialog (with the PMDG 737 loaded) and check the profile box, and select to import your general axis).

A few other minor points from your ini:

- you should change
       AutoAssignLetters=No
     to
       AutoAssignLetters=Yes

in the [JoyNames] section of your ini. This will prevent problems in the future if your device ids change (even though you currently only have one device)
  - Change your profile string
         1=PMDG 737-800NGXu PMDG House (N738PM | 2019)
    to something like
         1=PMDG 737-800NGXu
    That profile will then be used with any variant of the PMDG 737-800NGXu. You can even use
        1=PMDG 737
    to use with all PMDG 737s.

John