The simFlight Network Forums

type offset

ademorant

Hello, my English is not great and I start in the app.

I'm looking to program the magnetos 1 and 2 with fsuipc7 with offsets I found 0892 and 092A with the settings (0, 1, 2, 3 , 4) according to the list is type 2 but I did not find in the assignment type 2???

I want that when I'm in position 0892 parameter 1 (magneto right) remains on even if I come back on because if I use the controls FS2020 I once on, once off 

Thanks for the help

8 minutes ago, ademorant said:

I found 0892 and 092A with the settings (0, 1, 2, 3 , 4) according to the list is type 2 but I did not find in the assignment type 2???

If you want to write to an offset, say 0892, then assign to Offset Word Set (0892 is 2 bytes or 1 word) and give the parameter a value of 2 (which is Magneto Left).

11 minutes ago, ademorant said:

I want that when I'm in position 0892 parameter 1 (magneto right) remains on even if I come back on because if I use the controls FS2020 I once on, once off 

Sorry, not sure  what you mean by this. What controls are you using?
Maybe activate logging of events (and open the FSUIPC console), and you can then see what controls (and parameters) are being used when you activate the buttons or the controls in the UI.

thanks for the answer but when I select the offset 0892 setting 1 or 2 and 3 I see the magneto switch but it does not stay in position they come back on off

19 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, not sure  what you mean by this. What controls are you using?
Maybe activate logging of events (and open the FSUIPC console), and you can then see what controls (and parameters) are being used when you activate the buttons or the controls in the UI.

i.e. I want whatever the position of the magneto L (on or off) if I return to magneto L it's always "On"

What aircraft are you using? The magnetos seem to behave differently depending upon the aircraft.

17 minutes ago, ademorant said:

thanks for the answer but when I select the offset 0892 setting 1 or 2 and 3 I see the magneto switch but it does not stay in position they come back on off

Did you try activating logging to see what controls are being sent?
There are many controls for magnetos (set, off,, right, left, both, etc). Maybe try those to see if any work for the aircraft that you are using.
FSUIPC only provides access to these controls that are exposed via SimConnect. If they are not working for a particular aircraft, then you can check the Asobo forums and maybe raise a bug report with Asobo.

Some controls are momentary though (i.e. they take affect but then go back to the previous state), but this is also aircraft dependent.

Good morning

I remind you that my English is that of google translation 😬

So I recorded the log and I was finally able to discover the commands used by Asobo and the B58 I finish the assignment of buttons and other.
I also found in the install folder of fsuicp the list of orders of FS2020 cool.

I just have one last question there are various parameters for the same function for example

80843 - EVENT: Cntrl 66241 (0x000102c1), Param 1 (0x00000001) TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY

85062 - EVENT: Cntrl - 66241 (0x000102c1), Param 2 (0x00000002) TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY

93515 - EVENT: Cntrl 66363 (0x0001033b), Param 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1

95593 - EVENT: Cntrl - 66364 (0x0001033c), Param 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR2

Do you know or I can find the values of the different settings in order to know if for example for the battery if setting 0 , should turn off the battery but this should cut the 2 ...

Can I assign multiple settings to a single command? for example, for the battery 2 tell it 2 and 0 in order to turn it off only the 2 and not the 1 and 2 ... because if I do battery 2 with 0 I turn off the 1 and 2

Then can I assign 2 commands on a button like 
102906 - EVENT: Cntrl 67073 (0x00010601), Param 1 (0x00000001) ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE
102906 - EVENT: Cntrl 67072 (0x00010600), Param 26 (0x0000001a) ELECTRICAL_CIRCUIT_TOGGLE

Because it turns on the avionics? thank you for all the help

14 hours ago, ademorant said:

Do you know or I can find the values of the different settings in order to know if for example for the battery if setting 0 , should turn off the battery but this should cut the 2 ...

Unfortunately not. This should be in the MSFS SDK documentation, but it doesn't say much on these things at the moment. This is the entry for TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY:

KEY_TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY Toggles main battery switch All aircraft

Not very informative! Trial and error, as well as searching on the Asobo forums, are your best bet.

14 hours ago, ademorant said:

Can I assign multiple settings to a single command? for example, for the battery 2 tell it 2 and 0 in order to turn it off only the 2 and not the 1 and 2 ... because if I do battery 2 with 0 I turn off the 1 and 2

Then can I assign 2 commands on a button like 
102906 - EVENT: Cntrl 67073 (0x00010601), Param 1 (0x00000001) ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE
102906 - EVENT: Cntrl 67072 (0x00010600), Param 26 (0x0000001a) ELECTRICAL_CIRCUIT_TOGGLE

You can have multiple assignments to a sign button or key press by commenting out the initial assignment (in your FSUIPC7.ini file) and then reload your assignments. You can then make your second assignment and click 'Ok'.  Then, edit the ini again an uncomment your first assignment. Then go to the assignments panel again and re-load the ini.
When you have multiple assignments to a button or keypress (you can have as many as you want) the assignment fields in the UI will be disabled and just show the first assignment.

Alternatively, depending on the button type, if you just want two assignments, you can assign one on the press and the other on the release.

Note that using multiple assignments is also typically used with either compound button conditions (where the action of the button is dependent on the state of another button) or offset conditions (where the action is dependent on the value in an offset). See the Advanced Useer Guide for details, starting on P19 Sequences, Combinations and Mixtures.

John