The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC7 CTD in my Patagonia bush trip on resuming

nandrews

I have flown one complete supplied bush trip and half way thru' the 2nd.

After installing FSUIPC7 (to use with Pilot2ATC) I find I cannot resume my Patagonia bush trip at leg 10.

I get CTD as the leg is loading (showing the full route)

If I load MSFS without FSUIPC (using the batch file from the desktop) the bush trip leg resumes normally.

Can you help?

All CTDs should be reported to Asobo via zendesk, including any event informtation from the Windows event logs and any crash dumps.

Are you saving/loading the legs using MSFS? I presume so as flight load/save is currently not working via FSUIPC dur to issues with the underlying SimConnect functions.

What happens if you start FSUIPC7 after the leg has loaded?

Thank-you.

Flying the supplied bush trips doesn't require me to do any saving. Provided I reach the target airfield, then the bush trip leg closes and saves the progress. So that when I resume, it starts me at the last airfield with the next leg set-up.

I assumed as I could resume the bush trip if FSUIPC wasn't loaded, then the 'blame' lies with FSUIPC, even if only the catalyst for the problem.

I haven't tried the permutations of starting FSUIPC as surely it should be able to start normally without causing any issues.

Will Asobo be interested in pursuing a problem when it occurs with 3rd party software?

I'm having a similar problem. All BUSH trips are CTD when FSUIPC is working.

Just read from another FORUM that FSUIPC might be the problem so I tried WITHOUT FSUIPC7 - 2021-01-09 version and Bush flight worked.

Someones put the error on LNM, that I tried first. But finnally was the FSUIPC.

In any case SWIFT connected to VATSIM without FSUIPC and I have no other add-on.

I think I will put FSUIPC to rest for some time hoping for a VERY NEEDED SAVE/LOAD functionality.

In any case will wait for next version of FSUIPC7.

Since this is my first posting ever, I would personnally thanks Mr. John Dowson for having give me so many years of satifactory FS experience!!!  

Cheers,

Gualdemar

VATID 832940

Edited by Gualdemar

10 hours ago, nandrews said:

Will Asobo be interested in pursuing a problem when it occurs with 3rd party software?

Yes, as the problem is on their side. FSUIPC7 is a separate application and communicates to MSFS using the SimConnect SDK, provided by Asobo. If MSFS is crashing due to a 3rd part app, its a problem with the SDK and so should be reported to Asobo. There is currently a known issue with the simconnect sdk  that can cause MSFS to CTD, which seems to arise when simconnect is under load or being used heavily or for long periods. This is why I suggest trying to start FSUIPC7 after the leg has loaded, to see if that improves things.

John

10 hours ago, Gualdemar said:

I'm having a similar problem. All BUSH trips are CTD when FSUIPC is working.

The bush trips especially seem to provoke these CTDs.

I think I will put FSUIPC to rest for some time hoping for a VERY NEEDED SAVE/LOAD functionality.

Again we are waiting for Asobo to address this. The load/save functions provided by the SimConnect API are still not working. This will hopefully be addressed in a future SDK release.

Since this is my first posting ever, I would personnally thanks Mr. John Dowson for having give me so many years of satifactory FS experience!!!  

Thanks! Although I'm sure its Pete that deserves most of the credit!

John

1 hour ago, eyemack said:

Just to confirm same with me. All Bush trips CTD on loading when FSUIPC7 is running. OK when it's not, but....

Did you try when starting FSUIPC7 after the bush trip has loaded?
After you start MSFS, and if FSUIPC7 is auto-started, exit FSUIPC before starting the bush trip. Then load the bush trip, and when its finished loading, start FSUIPC manually.

I know this is a bit of a faff, but I'd like to know if its the loading of the bush trip that's affecting FSUIPC, or the final state after loading.

7 minutes ago, eyemack said:

Yes, that works John.  Everything is fine if FSUIPC7 is loaded after the Bush Trip is loaded.

Ok, thanks for the update. This also seems to confirm that its related to the amount of data going through SimConnect that provokes this  issue, although that is for Asobo to decide and address.

I could maybe pause/stall the data requests/reception until the flight is fully loaded to prevent this....I may look into this if this problem persists and is not addressed by Asobo. 

John

Hello Mr Dowson,

Yes I can confirm "FSUIPC7 or SDK" affects the loading, I too found this workaround (Start FSUIPC7 after loading the Bushtrip) it works...

I am currently testing a full Bushtrip to see if it works (with FSUIPC7 on) I got a CTD in flight, not immediately but after a while;

I will test with FSUIPC7 and turn off...

39 minutes ago, Renoi71 said:

I got a CTD in flight, not immediately but after a while;

Yes, this is a known problem and seems to effect the activity scenarios more than others. Not sure why, but again seems to be related to SimConnect usage by external clients.

I can only re-iterate that if you get a CTD with MSFS (even if its only when using FSUIPC), then this is an issue with MSFS and should be reported to Asobo,
Of course, if its FSUIPC that is crashing, then I'd like to know....I've had many reports of this but each one I've investigated is an MSFS crash and FSUIPC auto-closing as a result....

John

On 2/10/2021 at 4:32 AM, John Dowson said:

The bush trips especially seem to provoke these CTDs.

Again we are waiting for Asobo to address this. The load/save functions provided by the SimConnect API are still not working. This will hopefully be addressed in a future SDK release.

Thanks! Although I'm sure its Pete that deserves most of the credit!

John

Agree.. to Pete indeed... 

Cheers.

• 8 months later...

Bush Trips are a deligth to fly, but some of them can drive you nuts because the progress is saved but not effectuated, leaving you stuck with the first leg. In trying to pinpoint the problem I have flown the first leg of all the 22 bush trips available to date (Nov 9 2021) and have found that on seven of them there is a .SPB file missing in the MISSIONS directory where the Bush trip files are saved. This concerns the following bush trips:    

Unalaska To Kulik Lake (ALASKA_SAVE)

Rijeka To Santorini (BALKANS_SAVE)

Caernarfon To Llanbedr (BLACKWATERSKIES-BUSH-MACHLOOP_SAVE)

Los Cerros To Cochrane (CHILE_SAVE)

Breckenridge To Mariposa Yosemite (NEVADA_SAVE)

Bordeaux To Mont Blanc (ALPS_SAVE)

Maybe someone could shed a light on the problem?