The simFlight Network Forums

WATCHDOG VIOLATION

XavierP

Hello Peter,

I am using Steam version.

Just installed FSUIPC7 for the first time for MFS2020. At the end, i did not register as i didn't have a serial yet for version 7 and clicked register by accident.

I then went on directly to simmarket, got a new key (update price special) and reran your installer within 5 minutes and without firing MFS2020 in between.

It uninstalled and then reinstalled asking me the serial.

All went smooth....

I then found a new shortcut on my desktop for MFS which i clicked on (was saying something as preparing your cabin on a MFS picture)

Then i got a BSD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION....

I let the computer search for error and it restarted autamatically.

I clicked on that shortcut several times with same issue.

I tried executing FS from main folder (main exe) and steam window appeared asking me to download the game again (i still had my 200GB+ of FS data on another disk)

It asked me to download the main FS steam initial package which is 1GB40 if i recall.

DL went smooth. FS LAUNCHED and checked for updates. Fortunatly, it still had my settings registered somwhere and knew were my files were located on that other drive.

It took like a while to boot (looking for updates)  but it did and worked again without BSOD.

I  never had any single issue before and this happened right after installing FSUIPC

I am afraid to reinstall FSUIPC...any ideas what happened here and what i should do?

I am on windows 10 64.

Have some community files from flightsim.to but all working great... Computer is serious machine with a 3 weeks old fresh install for MFS and a couple of other games from STEAM.

Everything is up to date/Antivirus BITDEFENDER.

Thanks in advance for your help

10 hours ago, XavierP said:

I am afraid to reinstall FSUIPC...any ideas what happened here and what i should do?

No, this sounds very strange! The MSFS.bat file does nothing but display the splash screen and then start MSFS. It does nothing else.
What happens if you start MSFS without this (i.e. how you used to)?
Installing FSUIPC7 will only affect your steam installation in one way: it will update the EXE.xml (located under $APPDATA\Microsoft Flight Simulator) to have FSUIPC7 auto-started with MSFS, if you selected that option during installation.

Try just starting FSUIPC7 (double-click the FSUIPC7.exe) without MSFS - does that work? If so, just exit.
Then try starting MSFS from Steam or using your old icon/start method.

After reading your reply, I reinstalled FSUIPC7 for MFS...and i am having an issue again.

Can't launch MFS!!!

Got a steam Warning you can view here

https://ibb.co/PwSKNHt

I hit play game and it kind of look like it was about loading (black window of MFS 1.12.13.0 and a circle on bottom right) but app crashed without notification

uninstall fsuipc and it worked fine.

Steam doesn't want you to change the exe.xml file anymore?

again, MFS started malfunctioning again right after installing fuipc and it worked again right after uninstalling it.

I did nothing in between

Edited by XavierP

43 minutes ago, XavierP said:

After reading your reply, I reinstalled FSUIPC7 for MFS...and i am having an issue again.

Can't launch MFS!!!

Got a steam Warning you can view here

https://ibb.co/PwSKNHt

That is from steam and nothing to do with FSUIPC7.
First, re-install FSUIPC7 and uncheck the auto-start component. Installing FSUIPC7 like this does not touch or affect your steam installation in any way.
If MSFS starts ok, then try manually starting FSUIPC7 to check if its all working.

If that all seems ok, then re-install again with the auto-start option.

Steam doesn't want you to change the exe.xml file anymore?

I have steam install and it works just fine. There have been several steam client updates today and the past few days. Maybe this has caused an issue.
Run your steam and check its all up to date.

Can't launch MFS!!!

Not even via steam or using its own (i.e. not th FSUIPC one) icon? If so, then thats an issue with your steam install.

The only file that FSUIPC7 changes (or usually creates as its not there by default) is the EXE.xml file. This cannot affect how MSFS starts steam. And you can stop this by deselecting the auto-start component when you install.

Note also that the EXE.xml file belongs to MSFS not Steam. Steam starts MSFS, and then MSFS will load the EXE.xml (at some point, nearly 2 minutes into the start-up process) and start FSUIPC7 from that. However, your issue is with the first bit - steam starting MSFS. The only involvement with FSUIPC7 with that is if you use the MSFS desktop link that the installer (optionally) creates. Try starting MSFS in the usual way (i.e. via steam or the steam-created icon, not the FSYUIPC7 one) and see if that makes a difference.

50 minutes ago, XavierP said:

And you also didn't read my first reply very well, or try what I asked. Please also re-read my first post.
I can't help if you do not try what I ask and report back on the results.

• 2 weeks later...