The simFlight Network Forums

Controls Profiles not saved

Torty

Hi,

I upgraded and registered FSUIPC7 (7.0.5) and tried to assign buttons to MSFS. The assignment work well and I can also create a new profile but whenever I close MSFS or FSUIPC the profile is gone. Also all assignments are lost, not matter if I assigned them to a profile or did it in general. FSUIPC cannot save the assignments.

I have tried to look through the forum but haven't found any post that could help me.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

Torty

Check to see if your FSUIPC7.ini file is being updated - that is where your assignments are held. It should be located in your FSUIPC7 installation folder, along with your FSUIPC7.log file. Do you see it there?
If not, it could be that you installed in a windows protected folder. Try re-installing in a different location of that is the case.

However, if you are using a registered version, it should be ok as the FSUIPC7.key file has been created, so I don't know why it wouldn't be able to create or update your FSUIPC7.ini file.

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick answer. 

I got it to work now. The problem was that the fsuipc.ini file was in an (old) directory (C:\fsuipc). This was the installation folder from my very first installation when using the free test version. After I bought the license key and after de-installing the old version I downloaded the latest version of fsuipc and chose a different installation folder (C.\programs\fsuipc). Obviously the installation routine did not move the ini file to the new folder nor create a new one so there was no ini file at all in the active directory.

Thank you! Cheers!

Torty

2 minutes ago, Torty said:

Obviously the installation routine did not move the ini file to the new folder nor create a new one so there was no ini file at all in the active directory.

No files are moved if you install in a different directory than previously - its up to you to move the files. If there is no FSUIPC7.ini file present in the FUIPC7 installation directory, a default one will be created the first time you run FSUIPC7.

4 minutes ago, Torty said:

I downloaded the latest version of fsuipc and chose a different installation folder (C.\programs\fsuipc)

We recommend not to install in Programs (or any windows-protected folder) as this can (and has) led to may issues (due to access permissions). Better to install as you originally did (now the default location), or in somewhere like C:\MSFS Add-ons\FSUIPC7,

Anyway, glad your problem is now sorted.

Cheers,

John