The simFlight Network Forums

A320 and B787 COM issues

roarkr

When binding a COM1 Radio Swap to a key it works fine with the default airplanes in MSFS , but not when using the A320 and B787 airplanes.

It is the same problem with the INC and DEC controls.

It seems to me that these airplanes(A320 and B787) use some other logic than the standard SimConnect Events / FSUIPC Controls.

Is there other Events / Controls to be used for these airplanes?

2 hours ago, roarkr said:

Is there other Events / Controls to be used for these airplanes?

For the A320, there are the additional events provided by Mobiflight (and also the A320 mods). You need to install the Mobiglight WASM module and add event files to FSUIPC7 so that it knows about those events. See 

and 

I'm not sure about the B787. Try logging events (in FSUIPC) and swapping the COM1 in the UI to see what event(s) are logged, then try using that (you can also try this in the A320).

I am maybe dumb today, but logging events in FSUIPC with the A320 running gives me continues logging of the same events over and over. It is impossible to trace anything. Something looks weird.  Is there a filter option  to set?

You said: "swapping the COM1 in the UI". What do you mean?

24 minutes ago, roarkr said:

Something looks weird.  Is there a filter option  to set?

Its completely normal - each MSFS aircraft seem to log continual events, but different for each aircraft. You can ignore these by using the DontLogThese ini parameter. It can go in the [General] section to apply to all aircraft, and in the [Profile.xxx] section to disable for specific aircraft (better).

25 minutes ago, roarkr said:

You said: "swapping the COM1 in the UI". What do you mean?

I mean activating the function that you wish to assign/program in the UI with your mouse, to see what events occur when the COM1s are swapped.