The simFlight Network Forums

CTD after 9 hrs flying

darenf

Hi

I flew from EGLL to KMIA and was on approach in B787 -10 and had a crash to desktop without warning. Event viewer showed the following

Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x5ff89538
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0x4544b4a1
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000460f6
Faulting process id: 0xa14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70d0383ed3733
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\fsuipc\FSUIPC7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 56d720fd-95b8-40bd-a96c-4e833737413b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Daren

13 hours ago, darenf said:

and had a crash to desktop without warning.

So the crash was with FSUIPC7 - did MSFS crash or did it keep running?
Can you show me your FSUIPC7.log file (from when the crash occurred), and was there a crash dump file produced?
The event log does show it was an FSYUPC7 crash, which is the first I've seen - usually its MSFS that crashes.
As the crash is in the ntdll.dll, I would need the crash dump file to investigate.

John

40 minutes ago, darenf said:

Where do i get the logs you mention pls?

They should be under %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps.

However, you may not have application crash dumps activated. If not, you can activate (either for all or just for FSUIPC7) - see https://www.meziantou.net/tip-automatically-create-a-crash-dump-file-on-error.htm. Then. of/when it occurs again, send me the crash event report, the dump file and the FSUIPC7.log file.

Thanks,

John

Excellent how to guide - Thanks

It wasnt activated but i have now. It created a director already - Suspect it was hidden given its the same time as the error last night so attatched as requested.

You also asked on the first reply if msfs 2020 CTD aswell. Yup. The whole programme shut down.

File attached

FSUIPC7.exe.2580.zip

3 minutes ago, darenf said:

You also asked on the first reply if msfs 2020 CTD aswell. Yup. The whole programme shut down.

Ah, then thats interesting. If MSFS CTDs, that should be reported to Asobo (via zendesk) with crash and event logs attached. 
Do you also have your FSUIPC7.log file from the crash?
I'll take a look at the dump to see if there is anything there when I get a chance (but will take a while for this I'm afraid), but I suspect, as MSFS also crashed, that it is a simconnect issue thats affecting both client and server. Its more usual for such crashes to take down MSFS only, but then FSUIPC7 closes anyway (with auto-close  activated), but it shouldn't crash.

Another thing to try would be to activate simconnect logging (see FAQ section on how to do this). This would then show if there were any simconnect errors at the time of the crash.

11 minutes ago, darenf said:

I cant see the fsuipc log anywhere. I take it this is not the one? Where would it be?

It is in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. together with your FSUIPC7.ini file (where your assignments are stored). If you cannot see the extensions, you need to update your Windows Explorer settings to show file extensions for known file types. Instructions are provided at the end of the Installation and Registration guide.