The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG Altimeter and Airspeed Indicators

I've run into an issue with 6.0.13 (and previously .11) when using PMDG 737.  I have been troubleshooting loss of airspeed and altimeter displays on the PFD of the 737.  During startup, and sometimes the flight,  the altimeter and airspeed indicators freeze.  I've been working with PMDG on this, and at their recommendation removed FSUIPC.  This seems to have resolved the problem.  I have even encountered this when starting with no FSUIPC.ini file.  I've also encountered a problem with FSUIPC and the AEROSOFT CRJ 2.4.0.0 throttles.  

I have been using FSIUPC with PMDG, FSL, Aerosoft, etc. for years without problems.  These issues all started around the time of the latest PMDG release and the addition of Honeycomb Bravo quadrant, and starting to actively use the Honeycomb configuration program.

P3DV5 latest, freshly installed.  All of my addons are up to date.  My support programs TrackIR, Chaseplane, FS2Crew and Pilot2ATC are all up to date.  Running Win10 20H2 with all updates.  Intel i9-10900K 4.9Ghz, ASUS Strix RTX 3090, 32 GRam.

Please let me know what additional information I can provide to help solve this issue. 

Dave Wadsworth

13 hours ago, dwadsworth said:

I have been troubleshooting loss of airspeed and altimeter displays on the PFD of the 737.

So its just the loss of the displays?

I have even encountered this when starting with no FSUIPC.ini file.

With a default ini, FSUIPC is doing much. However, I think it may still load the PMDG offset area - you could try with a default ini, but then change the PMDG737offsets ini parameter to No to prevent the PMDG offset area being populated. 

I've also encountered a problem with FSUIPC and the AEROSOFT CRJ 2.4.0.0 throttles.  

This sounds like a separate issue for which you have provided no details. If this is also a problem, you need to raise a separate support request and explain what the issue is and attach any relevant files (i.e. you ini and a log file produced showing your issue).

These issues all started around the time of the latest PMDG release and the addition of Honeycomb Bravo quadrant, and starting to actively use the Honeycomb configuration program.

Have you tried rolling back to the previous PMDG release (if possible) to see if the issue goes away? Or have you tried without the Honeycomb configuration program ?
If assigning in FSUIPC we recommend to to use any additional device drivers or custom software as this can cause issues (but usually as jittery axes).

When was the latest PMDG release? If the SDK has changed (which it does quite often) then there could possibly be an issue with the PMDG offset area, but the ini parameter change I mentioned earlier will prevent this from being loaded.

I set PMDG737offsets to NO and encountered the same loss of airspeed and altimeter.  I had checked the altimeter up to time of taxi by adjusting the barometer setting and the altimeter was responding.  At take-off neither worked.  Attached are the .ini and log file.  The PMDG B737 is version 2.91.047 and was released about the same time as the B777 upgrades.  The PMDG .h file that I have is dated 6/29/2020.  The PMDG_NG3_SDK_CDU_Test.cpp file is dated 1/21/2020.  

FSUIPC6.rar

You have too much going on in that test. Please try wit the default ini but with the PMDG737offsets  ini parameter set to No.
This will tell us if your problem exists when FSUIPC is installed but doing nothing (except populating its offset area).

Also, did you try without the Honeycomb config tool?

You could also try logging offset 0x3224 (altimeter reading) to see if that is correct, although I don't know what value is driving this in your displays.

I don't have the PMDG aircraft, so I cannot test this here.

44 minutes ago, dwadsworth said:

The PMDG .h file that I have is dated 6/29/2020. 

Ok, I'm not sure we have updated to that. However, we only update when the headers have changed and someone has had an issue and asked us to look into it...
The last update we did for the PMDG areas was for the PMDG 747 and the 737 NGXu around 20th April last year.

39 minutes ago, dwadsworth said:

The PMDG_NG3_SDK_CDU_Test.cpp file is dated 1/21/2020.

What is this? Is this related? What are you doing with that source file?

I turned all PMDG to Off from Auto and did not loose altitude or airspeed.  The .cpp file is part of the installed SDK for PMDG.  So I guess I'll see if the problem returns.  I don't know why I'm seeing this and not others.  Thank you for your assistance.