The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 registration not valid?

Scottcr2

Hello

Im hoping this will help

I bought fsuipc7 off simmarket and got my code

it worked and all was well

Then I updated Windows and it crashed.  I reinstalled windows and fsuipc7 and the code wouldnt work  

Sim market said they couldnt help.  What can i do

9 hours ago, Scottcr2 said:

Sim market said they couldnt help.  What can i do

You could start by explaining what you mean so that i can understand your issue.
What do you mean by 'the code wouldnt work '? Are you talking about the installer? What did you try? What was the result?
Also, if you have previously registered successfully and have an FSUIPC7.key file in your FSUIPC7 insstallation folder, there is no need to re-register - your details should be populated in the registration panel and you can skip registration.

There is currently an issue where the installer will crash after installing the FSUIPC7.exe and when trying to update the EXE.xml. This is due to a corrupt EXE.xml file. If this is your issue, then you can de-select the 'Auto start' component when you install. Alternatively, you can remove (or better rename) your existing EXE.xml file and then re-install. Further details on this issue can be found here: 

My apologies for not being clear 

I type in my name email and registration code and it says it is invalid 

it previously worked and I copied and pasted the info 

I thought maybe sim market would just  assign me a different code but they sent me to you 

5 minutes ago, Scottcr2 said:

it previously worked and I copied and pasted the info 

I thought maybe sim market would just  assign me a different code but they sent me to you 

No - your code should still work. However, as I said, if you previously registered and have a key file, you can just use that.
However, if it says it is invalid, then that is usually because there is an error in one of the three fields (name, email, key) - all of them much exactly match whaty is specified in your SimMarket purchase email or account.

If you are sure that your details are valid, then it could be an issue with your VC++ redistributables. However, if this is an issue, it usually also prevents FSUIPC7 from running. So, try running FSUIPC7, and if you get an error then you need to re-install the VC++ redistributables.  Instructions for this can be found in the README.txt file provided.

Finally, if not of that works, you can manually create a key file. To do this, create a file called FSUIPC7.key in yout FSUIPC7 installation folder, and give it the following contents:

[User]
Name=You name that you registered with
Address=The email address you registered with
FSUIPC=Your key code

Replacing the parts in bold with your details.

Also, please remember if it still doesn't work, please DO NOT POST YOUR KEY DETAILS.

Thanks,

John

• John Dowson changed the title to FSUIPC7 registration not valid?