The simFlight Network Forums

Purchased FSUIPC7 and having issues

CRYPT0N1X

Good afternoon.  I purchased today the software and was trying to get it registered to the free version of 7.0.5 I had installed.  I uninstalled the older version through the control panel, and when I went to go install the new version it wouldn't complete the installer.  Gave an error but couldn't read all of what it said before it shut the installer down.  However, the .exe file is in the proper path and will load.

What I am having issues with is that I didn't get the page to register the program nor the option to have the shortcut on the desktop that will load MSFS when opening the software itself.  Can you advise how I should proceed.  

I purchased the software, because I am trying to use the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo devices.  Thanks in advance for any assistances the community can provide.  Enclosed is the latest log i had when loading up MSFS and the software together.

FSUIPC7_prev.log

There is currently an issue where the installer will crash after installing the FSUIPC7.exe. This is due to a corrupt EXE.xml file.
To fix this, you should remove (or rename) your current EXE.xml before running the installer. Depending upon whether you have an MS Store or Steam install, this file will be in the following location:
   Steam: <user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
   MS Store: <user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Note also that the current official release is v7.0.8, so downlload that if you haven't already.

10 hours ago, CRYPT0N1X said:

I purchased the software, because I am trying to use the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo devices.

To use with these devices, uoi could try the 7.1.0a beta release which has direct support for up to 128 buttons. See:

Alternatively, there are lua scripts available for the Alpha and Bravo to handle the buttons with numbers > 31: