The simFlight Network Forums

Makerunway mfs2020 steam

Hello i ve been trying to use makerunway for a few days  after some search and download i still can t figure the problem it can t find any data.

failed to make all of the data

installation>

mfs2020 steam

makerunway v5.124

run as administrator unzipped in random folder.

pic

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/803601620985577483/824302350264303706/Untitled.png

21 minutes ago, Bqboki said:

Hello i ve been trying to use makerunway for a few days  after some search and download i still can t figure the problem it can t find any data.

failed to make all of the data

Did it make a "runways.txt" file (that's the Log) and/or a "scenerylist.txt" file? I'd need to see both please.

Pete

when launching .exe im just getting a makerwy pop up window  with failed to load data

total  airport=0 / runway =0 / bgl=0

then nothing happen the makerunway window stay open  i can just click  ok button to close the program 

i have no problem running other mfs2020 app detecting my mfs installation folder.  simconnect fsuip mobiflight littlenavmap pilot2atc volanta onair .  all these app no problem.

Edited by Bqboki

14 hours ago, Bqboki said:

when launching .exe im just getting a makerwy pop up window  with failed to load data

total  airport=0 / runway =0 / bgl=0

then nothing happen the makerunway window stay open  i can just click  ok button to close the program 

Okay, so it seems that your MSFS installation isn't recorded in the places I know about and which Makerwys is programmed to look in. Strange when it has been working for others, both MS store and Steam users.

Unfortunately I didn't put enough logging into the code regarding finding the folders, so I've had to add it so I can see what is going on in your system. Please run this version (it won't do more than before except log where it is looking):

MakeRwys.exe

Then show me the Runways.txt file. (Make sure you don't have the older one open when your run the program).

14 hours ago, Bqboki said:

i have no problem running other mfs2020 app detecting my mfs installation folder.  simconnect fsuip mobiflight littlenavmap pilot2atc volanta onair .  all these app no problem.

Could you show me your last FSUIPC7.log file please? that should give me a clue too.

Pete

Thanks Pete with your new .exe  i was able to see in the log the problem. I had tried mfs with microsoft store then i bought steam version.

There was still mfs appdata file from store version it was not deleted when i unstalled the game, so i removed all these files microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

and it works now

Runways.txt

1 hour ago, Bqboki said:

Thanks Pete with your new .exe  i was able to see in the log the problem. I had tried mfs with microsoft store then i bought steam version.

There was still mfs appdata file from store version it was not deleted when i unstalled the game, so i removed all these files microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

and it works now

Ah, well done!

Some of these uninstall programs are pretty useless.

Anyway, it is evidently useful to have that data logged initially, so tomorrow I will make 5.125 the main current release.

Thanks,
Pete