The simFlight Network Forums

Steering after landing don‘t work (sometimes)

Hi,

I configured my steering axis in FSUIPC and the rudder as well. When I roll takeoff everything is fine, but after landing I can not steer with the tiller sometimes (sometimes its working). I have the problem with all of my aircraft profiles, it does‘nt matter if I use steering set or steering direct.

When I check FSUIPC in this cases, the steering axis react with a latency of some seconds. I deleted the ini file several times, same result. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, airlinetycoon said:

I configured my steering axis in FSUIPC and the rudder as well. When I roll takeoff everything is fine, but after landing I can not steer with the tiller sometimes (sometimes its working). I have the problem with all of my aircraft profiles, it does‘nt matter if I use steering set or steering direct.

First, for all such issues I need to know which flight sim and version of FSUIPC you are using, and I need to see your assignments (your ini file) and a log file generated that is showing your issue (i.e. with axis controls logged). If it is sometimes working and sometimes not, then a log for each situation would be useful to see what the difference is.

3 hours ago, airlinetycoon said:

When I check FSUIPC in this cases, the steering axis react with a latency of some seconds.

Is that when it IS working as well as when it isn't? Or do you mean when it is? Is the latency on the steering tiller itself or on the aircraft movement?

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

First, for all such issues I need to know which flight sim and version of FSUIPC you are using

Hi John, thx for the fast reply. P3d v5.1 // FSUIPC 6.0.13

ini and log is attached.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Is that when it IS working as well as when it isn't? Or do you mean when it is? Is the latency on the steering tiller itself or on the aircraft movement?

This means, if it´s not working. I see it the latency, when I check FSUIC assignments in FSUIPC. The tiller moves the aircraft to the left/right when I bring it into full left/right position and it stays there when I move the tiller back to neutral. I can bring the aircraft nosewheel back to neutral only, when I move the rudder to the opposite direction. This only happens after landing, before takeoff, everything is normal. I have 2-3 flights without this issue, but then the problem comes back.

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

There is no point attaching a log file without axis logging enabled - it doesn't show me anything!

And its very strange that you say that it sometimes is working and sometimes is not working...there must be something different going on in each of these situations, and you need to try and work out what is causing this. The logs can help.
So, as I said, please activate logging for axis controls. This can generate large log files, but don't worry about that (you can always zip them up to show me them).
Then, try and capture a log for when it is working and for when it isn't (with same aircraft/assignments). Then compare the logs to see if they reveal anything.
You can also zip them up and post them and I will take a look.
It may also help if you keep the log/console open so you can see the log in real-time. You can also start a continuation log (so that the landing sequence is isolated in its own log file), but if you do this I still need to see all the log files generated, not just the last one.

6 minutes ago, airlinetycoon said:

Is it enough to start logging 5 min before landing?

Well, there is always some logging, but yes, you can activate the axis controls logging when you start your landing procedure. You could also maybe log offset 0x0366 (as U16), SIM ON GROUND, which will then add a log entry when you touch-down so I can tell when your ground steering starts.