The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7.0.8 installation error

I'm trying to install lates version of FSUIPC but the installer crashes and there is this error in the event viewer

Before doing that I uninstalled previous version as required. One strange thing is the installer size is almost the half of the version I installed previously (7.0.0.4)

--------------------

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: Install_FSUIPC7.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5df6d605
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: nsisXML.dll, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x502443ee
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x00001ebd
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x3a58
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d722249f235e7c
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Users\UTENTE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa12384.19756\Install_FSUIPC7\Install_FSUIPC7.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Users\UTENTE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmBDE3.tmp\nsisXML.dll
ID segnalazione: 7d01f1fd-66b1-4768-ae59-b246206d4287
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore:
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore:

If the installer crashes it is usually a problem with a corrupt EXE.xml file.  You need to delete this file (or rename) and then re-run the installer. Depending upon whether you have an MS Store or Steam install, this file will be in the following location:
   Steam: <user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
   MS Store: <user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

10 minutes ago, erasam said:

One strange thing is the installer size is almost the half of the version I installed previously (7.0.0.4)

Not sure what the size of the previous installers was, but this shouldn't have changed by much. Current size is 11,660KB.
Make sure you extract the installer from the zip file before you run it - don't run it directly from within the zip....

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

If the installer crashes it is usually a problem with a corrupt EXE.xml file.  You need to delete this file (or rename) and then re-run the installer. Depending upon whether you have an MS Store or Steam install, this file will be in the following location:
   MS Store: <user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Not sure what the size of the previous installers was, but this shouldn't have changed by much. Current size is 11,660KB.
Make sure you extract the installer from the zip file before you run it - don't run it directly from within the zip....

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi

following another post in this forum i renamed the EXE.xml file and the installer worked properly (strangely this issue didn't happen when I installed the previous version)

Now the FSUIPC is correcly lunched when MSFS is started

P.S. The file size of the release 7.0.0.4 I installed previously was actually double, I really don't know the reason (I checked the uncompressed size), anyway the last version is now working properly therefore this is no more relevant

37 minutes ago, erasam said:

P.S. The file size of the release 7.0.0.4 I installed previously was actually double, I really don't know the reason (I checked the uncompressed size), anyway the last version is now working properly therefore this is no more relevant

Ok - I may have forgotten to compress the executable in the earlier version....

37 minutes ago, erasam said:

strangely this issue didn't happen when I installed the previous version

There seem to be a couple of other add-on installers out there that are corrupting the EXE.xml - or maybe writing it in a format that the FSUIPC7 installer doesn't understand. If you could attach your renamed EXE.xml, I will take a look. I'm also going to see if the FSUIPC7 installer can handle this a bit more gracefully - its getting to be a common problem,

28 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I'm also going to see if the FSUIPC7 installer can handle this a bit more gracefully - its getting to be a common problem,

I've done this now. If there is a corrupt EXE.xml, the installer will now log the following lines and continue:

Error loading EXE.xml file: C:\Users\jldow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\EXE.xml
**** Auto-start of FSUIPC7 with MSFS will not be enabled ****
**** To resolve, remove or rename this file and re-install:  <yourPath>\EXE.xml****

5 minutes ago, erasam said:

attached the EXE.xml I renamed

That shows it was the Logitech MSFS plugin - this is a common issue with this plugin. If you are using it, you can manually add it back in to your EXE.xml. Your EXE.xml with both should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
     <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
         <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
         <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
         <Path>D:\Games\FS Tools\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
         <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
         <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
            <Name>Logitech Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin</Name>
            <Path>C:\Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin\LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe</Path>
            <CommandLine>-r</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Note that white space is not important in xml files, and the FSUIPC7 installer creates its entry with no white space (including new lines) - this doesn't matter.

11 minutes ago, erasam said:

To my understanding this will not prevent to install the FSUIPC7.exe then lunch it manually: is it correct ?

Yes - the installation will now continue and complete, but FSUIPC7 will not be auto-started with MSFS. To resolve, you have to do as the log message says, remove/rename the EXE.xml file and then re-install.