The simFlight Network Forums

Request for Temporary key for FSUIPC7

RDJT

Hi, re-awakened my interest in flight simulators with MSFS2020 and just registered for the forum and wish to try out FSUIPC7 to see if I can resolve the current 10 degree problem on my new Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo Controllers, as well as learn where it may also be very useful. The aircraft profiling sounds interesting. I need to get my head round it all as well, as I'm no programmer.

A few years ago, I was a registered user of FSUICP4 with one of the previous FS incarnations, although my knowledge is very hazy about using it. I then set it up and allowed it to do its magic!

If in agreement to authorising a temporary key, I presume, I need to download your latest Beta version, 7.1.0 for Honeycomb?

Thanks, RDJT.

6 hours ago, RDJT said:

If in agreement to authorising a temporary key, I presume, I need to download your latest Beta version, 7.1.0 for Honeycomb?

The license applies to all versions. If you need the new functionality to directly assign  more than 32 buttons, then yes, thats the version you need. However, the license is the same for all versions.

Attached is a trial license valid until 10/04/2021. Just download and save into your FSUIPC7 installation folder. Note that this license will NOT validate in the installer.

John

FSUIPC7.key

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Attempted to read up a lot of the 'gobbledygook', despite not being a programmer, but nevertheless managed to set up, in a fashion, my Alpha and Bravo controllers for simple GA aircraft with FSUIPC7 avoiding the '10 degree bug'. I even included an offset correctly, I hope! Also hope to make further refinements as I learn more!

However, purpose of this contribution is to thank you for the temporary key and I now have a paid one.

RDJT

15 minutes ago, RDJT said:

Attempted to read up a lot of the 'gobbledygook', despite not being a programmer, but nevertheless managed to set up, in a fashion, my Alpha and Bravo controllers for simple GA aircraft with FSUIPC7 avoiding the '10 degree bug'. I even included an offset correctly, I hope! Also hope to make further refinements as I learn more!

However, purpose of this contribution is to thank you for the temporary key and I now have a paid one.

Ok, well done - and thanks.

Not sure which version of FSUIPC7 you are using, but there is also a beta version available (v7.1.0c) which has native support for up to 128 buttons, which will remove the need to use the Lua files for the Alpha & Bravo. See 

John,

My current version is 7.1.0a, so I took advantage of native support for 128 buttons. I'll dig up the most recent version, when I have a minute. Thanks for the heads-up. Ah, LUA files. Another subject to get one's teeth into!

Anyways, thanks,

RDJT

Just now, RDJT said:

My current version is 7.1.0a, so I took advantage of native support for 128 buttons. I'll dig up the most recent version, when I have a minute.

Ah, ok - thats good then, as you can just drop in the latest version and it will work without any changes. A few bugs fixed since 7.1.0a, but mainly in more advanced features.

1 minute ago, RDJT said:

Ah, LUA files. Another subject to get one's teeth into!

Yes, and lvar support  is also coming soon. The WASM module (to enable lvar/hvar support) has already been released as a beta, and I'll be releasing yet another FSUIPC7 beta with lvar support in the next week or so. However, the initial lvar functionality will replicate previous lvar functionality in FSUIPC, so only accessible via macros or lua files.