The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 not sending commands to MSFS

newmanix

2 hours ago, newmanix said:

It's connected. I thought it would be that simple but evidently it's not. What am I missing? I assigned all my assignments. Nothing responds. TM Warthog.

This doesn't tell me anything. At a minimum, I need to see your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.
Have you tried logging anything (e.g. Buttons & Switches + Events to start with) to see what is happening? 

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

This doesn't tell me anything. At a minimum, I need to see your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.
Have you tried logging anything (e.g. Buttons & Switches + Events to start with) to see what is happening? 

Yeah I’ll try and figure out how to send you that stuff. I guess my main point was if it is supposed to be as simple as using the FSUIPC icon to start the sim, its connected to sim, i’m in the aircraft, it should start sending the assigned inputs to the aircraft. But thats not happening. 

I question whether there is a simconnect or something else I’m supposed to run or if that process is all I’m supposed to do. 

thats my question. 

1 hour ago, newmanix said:

Yeah I’ll try and figure out how to send you that stuff. I guess my main point was if it is supposed to be as simple as using the FSUIPC icon to start the sim, its connected to sim, i’m in the aircraft, it should start sending the assigned inputs to the aircraft. But thats not happening. 

No, it won't - FSUIPC does (next-to) nothing out-of-the-box! You have to configure your controllers/devices using the Assignments panels, to assign your axes (elevator, aileron, throttle, rudder, etc) and buttons, as well as any keys. Please see the provided documentation - for new Users, you should at least read the Installation and Registration manual, and also take a look at the User Guide and Advanced User Guide, to familiarize yourself with the various tools provided. Also, if using any devices with more than 32 buttons, you probably want to either the latest FSUIPC7 beta v7.1.0b, which has native support for up to 128 buttons. For this, please see 

1 hour ago, newmanix said:

I question whether there is a simconnect or something else I’m supposed to run or if that process is all I’m supposed to do. 

You just need to configure your assignments, nothing else.

John

12 hours ago, John Dowson said:

No, it won't - FSUIPC does (next-to) nothing out-of-the-box! You have to configure your controllers/devices using the Assignments panels, to assign your axes (elevator, aileron, throttle, rudder, etc) and buttons, as well as any keys. Please see the provided documentation - for new Users, you should at least read the Installation and Registration manual, and also take a look at the User Guide and Advanced User Guide, to familiarize yourself with the various tools provided. Also, if using any devices with more than 32 buttons, you probably want to either the latest FSUIPC7 beta v7.1.0b, which has native support for up to 128 buttons. For this, please see 

You just need to configure your assignments, nothing else.

John

Thats my answer. Thanks. I've been using FSUIPC for 10 years. So it seems I did do everything correctly and it's another issue. I'll send the log.