The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC ^

*** Posted in FAQ sub-forum: please post in the correct forum for support ***

Hi for the last few weeks I have been working on macros for my plug and play overhead panel , and each time after a while the listings disappear. I'm beginning to get to the stage of kicking  FS into touch as  nothing ever works properly can someone please help here maybe it an old man problem spent loads nothing going right any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards dougy

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the FAQ sub-forum, where it explicitly states 'NOT for Support Requests'. I have moved your post for you this time, but please take care to post in the correct forum for support.

1 hour ago, dougy2 said:

and each time after a while the listings disappear. I

I'm sorry - what does this mean? What 'listings'? Disappear from where?
Can you please explain a bit more, and also attach your FSUIPC log and ini files (you don't even say which FS or version of FSUIPC you are using!).

Hi first of all I apologise for being in the wrong place initially and not giving a proper explanation of What my problem is  I go into buttons and switches on FSUIPC 6 using P3D V4 and PMDGNGXu I choose the switch I want to use for example , landing lights etc on my overhead plug and play panel  and creating mouse macros . Using macros for the whole panel . First of all I have clicked on create mouse macros put in the title of the macro as required followed al other instructions and created the macros which were all working and then On 3 occasions I have spent time creating the macros and  after a while go back to that aircraft and all is gone all creations disappeared very soul destroying the  switches all dead because all the mouse macros I created were no longer present in the button and switches drop down list, no where to be seen anywhere. I hope that all makes sense. At the moment I'm not  with my sim so can not send an attachment for the FSUIPC6.ini file  but will do so in due course. I hope this explains my problem and would appreciate any help possible, 

Kind regards 

Dougy

8 hours ago, dougy2 said:

On 3 occasions I have spent time creating the macros and  after a while go back to that aircraft and all is gone all creations disappeared very soul destroying the  switches all dead because all the mouse macros I created were no longer present in the button and switches drop down list, no where to be seen anywhere.

The macro entries you see in the assignment drop-downs are there as they have been found in .mcro files in your FSUIPC installation folder. If they are not there, the files must have ben removed (or you have reached the limit if the number of macro files processed).
Are the macro files still there? Also, please show me your FSUIPC6.ini.

Thanks for your reply I think I may have got the answer in this reply, like reaching the limit. The macro files are not in the assignment drop downs and the FUICP6. ini file is to large to send , however lots of macros are there but unknown. Thankyou for your time once again.

kind regards 

Dougy

15 hours ago, dougy2 said:

Thanks for your reply I think I may have got the answer in this reply, like reaching the limit.

Most probably. I think the maximum number of macro files is 127. You should re-organise your macros to try and use only a few for each aircraft - macros can hold up to 999 entries (1-999).