The simFlight Network Forums

reverse thrust and FSUIPC

Dear all,

i am having a CH-Flightsim-Yoke USB and want to map the prop-axis to the reversers and i can´t get for the life of me this to work. Do i have to set any setting somewhere else like in FS2004? There is no option to map an axis to the reversers, or at least i found none...

As a flap axis if set that way under FS2004 the axis work, it is z-rotation if i remember right.

Thanks and any help appreciated

Holger Dallmeyer

EDDK

i am having a CH-Flightsim-Yoke USB and want to map the prop-axis to the reversers and i can´t get for the life of me this to work. Do i have to set any setting somewhere else like in FS2004? There is no option to map an axis to the reversers, or at least i found none...

FS does not provide a reverser axis as such. There is a facility for this in FSUIPC, available to registered users.

The FSUIPC facility, by default, uses the Mixture axis, not the Prop Pitch axis, but you can assign that if you like. it means editing the FSUIPC.INI file, as described in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide.

Regards,

Pete

The FSUIPC facility, by default, uses the Mixture axis, not the Prop Pitch axis,

Don't you mean throttle axis? One calibrates throttle "idle" to be a bit "forward" so one can then pull throttles completely "back" past idle, and that becomes reverse. At least I remember doing that once.

Tuomas

Don't you mean throttle axis? One calibrates throttle "idle" to be a bit "forward" so one can then pull throttles completely "back" past idle, and that becomes reverse. At least I remember doing that once.

Yes, you can do that. But FSUIPC offers as an alternative a separate reverser axis facility. Just a single one (at present) which reverses all throttles. See the FSUIPC User Guide, Joystick section.

Regards,

Pete