The simFlight Network Forums

Steam MSFS control issue

Good morning Pete and all users

I need help

I am currently experianceing an issue with FSX Steam.

For some reason my left and right brakes are now controlling the Aileron and Elevator axis's. The joystick still controls these functions.

I have been back into the FSUIPC7 set up and cleared and reset them several times now, but still get the same issue. Has any one got any Ideas.

FYI, I am using Windows 10 with a Saitek X52 stick and Rudder pedal setup.  I did see a similar article in the FAQ's, but did not cover my version of Windows

Hopefully someone can assist.

Yours

John  

4 minutes ago, Jon Rodd said:

I have been back into the FSUIPC7

So you are using MSFS, not FSX? I will update the title of your post....

The first think to do is to check your assignments in MSFS. If assigning in FSUIPC, make sure you create an empty profile for each of your controllers (just create a new profile for each, which, by default, will be empty).

If you don't have any assignments in MSFS, please show me your FSUIPC7.ini file and an FSUIPC7.log file and I'll take a look.

• John Dowson changed the title to Steam MSFS control issue

Hi John

Thank you for the quick reply.

Not sure what you mean about a profile for each of the controllers. Can you expand what you mean please?

However I think I have sorted it. THe two controllers somehow reactived themseves in STEAM, so I have disabled in the settings so its just looking at FSUIPC7

John

5 minutes ago, Jon Rodd said:

However I think I have sorted it. THe two controllers somehow reactived themseves in STEAM, so I have disabled in the settings so its just looking at FSUIPC7

You can disable controllers in Steam can you? I didn't know that!

7 minutes ago, Jon Rodd said:

Not sure what you mean about a profile for each of the controllers. Can you expand what you mean please?

In MSFS, in the controllers page (where you edit your assignments) you can create profiles for each of your controllers. If you create a new MSFS profile there, it will automatically be empty, meaning that nothing will be assigned to your controllers.