The simFlight Network Forums

How to set Battery Master and Standby Power on using FSUIPC7 (registered version) B748 MSFS2020

TJT

I am quite computer challenged, and I have read as best I could the documentation on Offsets.  I struggle with understanding it.  Simple situation, I want to be able put Battery Master on and then the Standby Power to AUTO, when commencing from dark the startup of a flight.  I have tried several attempts at the 821C offset string but to no avail.  Seems like finger problem to me but not sure where to look.  Step by step would help and I would learn the process.  I could only find Battery 1, 2 etc.

12 hours ago, TJT said:

Simple situation, I want to be able put Battery Master on and then the Standby Power to AUTO, when commencing from dark the startup of a flight.

I'm not sure about the 748 as its an add-on that I don't have. Enable event logging and activate the controls in the UI and see what events are logged.

For the stock 747, it has been reported that the Master  Battery Set event (as well as offset 0x281C) only work to switch the battery off but not on. When clicking in the UI, it sends the event ELECTICAL BUS TO BUS CONNECTION TOGGLE with a parameter of 17, however assigning to this does nothing. But, using a parameter of 0 seems to turn all power off/on, but doesn't change the UI switch state.

For the Standby Power (again, in the 747), there is an lvar called XMLVAR_StandbyPower_Selector. I have just tried this in the 747 and it works switching between AUTO and BAT but not to or from off. Note that to use lvars you will need the latest beta (or best to wait for an official release if not an advanced user).

Anyway, as you are using a 3rd party add-on, first try the support for that aircraft to see if they have provided anything to control those functions first.