The simFlight Network Forums

Simple button selection for newbie

I am a newbie trying to attach the no smoking button I have to activate with my mouse in MSFS 2020. The button is recognized and I see the info is saved but the button does not work. Its a simple on/off toggle switch. Attached is the info I saved. What am I missing???

Your file size setting is ridiculous.  Can't get it that small and be readable.

Edited by kingofclubs

9 hours ago, kingofclubs said:

Your file size setting is ridiculous.  Can't get it that small and be readable.

Attachments should be ZIPped. Unfortunately it isn't "our" file size setting, it is set by the Simflight  Forum software, though no one else seems to have any problems attaching normal INI files. It's usually logs with extra logging enabled which are too large and need Zipping. Text files do Zip up really small.

9 hours ago, kingofclubs said:

I am a newbie trying to attach the no smoking button I have to activate with my mouse in MSFS 2020.

In previous versions of FS (FS9, FSX, and even P3D1-3), the "no smoking" and "seat belt" switches on overheads were just dummies, for completeness, except on some add-on aircraft.  I see that MSFS has provided controls for these, but whether they work on not is another matter. Unfortunately many of the ones MSFS have published so far are wishful thinking and have yet to be actually implemented in their interface facilities.

Or they may work on one aircraft but not another. Each aircraft seems to implement its own subset.

An alternative sometimes is to find the L:Var which controls the switch and use that. 

Best in any case to state which aircraft you are talking about.  The answer might even come from another user of that same aircraft, but for that yo'd really need to entitle your post with a more specific heading  like "No smoking switch for xxxx".

Pete