The simFlight Network Forums

PACX not connecting to FSUIPC7

foxonfinal

I've downloaded PACX from the TFDi website and for about a day it was working fine with MSFS2020. Now, I'm getting an error message from PACX saying that it cannot connect to the sim because it can't find FSUIPC7. I'm in contact with TFDi customer support, but is anyone else out there having this issue? I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, making sure I have the most up to date versions of everything, but it's still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know PACX, but is FSUIPC7 installed and running (can you see its icon in your system tray)?

If its not running, download the latest version from www.fsuipc.com  and re-install (no need to uninstall). Then start MSFS and if FSUIPC7 is installed correctly and running you will see a splash screen and an icon in your system tray. If you don't, show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file.

FSUIPC7 is not auto-starting due to this error in your log file:

Error loading EXE.xml file: C:\Users\bradl\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml
**** Auto-start of FSUIPC7 with MSFS will not be enabled ****
**** To resolve, remove or rename this file and re-install:  C:\Users\bradl\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml****

This is usually due to another product corrupting the EXE.xml file (usually some logitech add-on for MSFS, but could be others). You can either remove that file and re-install (as suggested in the log), or post it here and I will correct it for you (if you also want whatever corrupted it also to be started).

The first EXE.xml file is corrupt and is not even an xml file! It looks like it was updated by AFC Bridge, which I think is something to do with the Honeycomb Bravo (to fix the lights?). Do you use this?

The second EXE.xml you posted looks fine, and should auto-start FSUIPC7. Is it now working for you? Is PACX now able to connect?

If you want to add AFC Bridge back to your EXE.xml, you can try replacing its contents with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
        <Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\bradl\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>